Suspect Detained The 15-year-old Sherwood High School student accused of fatally stabbing a girl her age after a football game last month will remain at a juvenile detention center pending the outcome of her trial, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge ruled yesterday.

Prosecutors said during a pretrial hearing that the girl, who is being prosecuted as a juvenile, will face second-degree murder and weapons charges in the death of Kanisha Neal. Her trial is scheduled to start Dec. 12.

The suspect's attorney unsuccessfully tried to persuade Circuit Court Judge Paul A. McGuckian to release the girl under strict conditions.

Victim Identified Prince George's County police yesterday identified a man slain late Tuesday in Fort Washington as Larry O. Brinkley.

Brinkley, 19, of the 1400 block of Fillmore Road was discovered about 7:10 p.m. in the block where he lived. He had gunshot wounds to his upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Detectives said they do not know of any motive or suspects.


Arrest in Slaying A member of the gang Mara Salvatrucha who is suspected in a 2004 Massachusetts slaying was arrested yesterday in Vienna, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

Alexander Dominguez, 24, was arrested at an apartment in the 200 block of Cedar Lane about 6 p.m., said Kevin Connolly, a spokesman for the Marshals Service. He said police from Fairfax County and Vienna assisted.

Authorities believe Dominguez, a native of El Salvador, lives in the Los Angeles area. They said he was tracked from coast to coast for the past five months. Several other people were taken into custody at the apartment, which authorities suspect was used as a safe house. The gang is also known as MS-13.

Dominguez is charged with shooting a man five times in the chest and twice in the face with a sawed-off .22-caliber rifle after an argument in New Bedford, Mass., on Oct. 17, 2004, authorities said.


Plea in Fatal Crash A Lanham man pleaded guilty this week to involuntary manslaughter in a car crash that killed a D.C. motorist last year, authorities said yesterday.

Guy B. Agnant, 29, was driving a Buick and ran a red light at Irving Street and Park Place NW on Nov. 30, striking a car driven by John C. Johnson, 49, a financial adviser. Johnson, of the Mount Pleasant area of Northwest Washington, was killed.

Agnant was driving about 90 mph in the seconds before the collision, according to an electronic "black box" in his car. Police said Agnant had fled an attempted traffic stop by police about 10 minutes earlier.

Agnant, who pleaded guilty Tuesday, is to be sentenced in January.

Compiled from reports by staff writers.