Flu Shots Available
The Howard County Health Department has begun offering flu shots at clinics around the county. Unlike last year, the supply of vaccine is not restricted to high-risk people because of limited supplies. The vaccination costs $20 and is covered by Medicare Part B. Clinics are scheduled at the following times and locations:
* From 1 to 4 p.m., tomorrow. Wilde Lake High School, 5460 Trumpeter Rd., Columbia. Family clinic.
* From 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Nov. 10. Bain Center, 4570 Ruth Keeton Way, Columbia. Adults only.
* From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Nov. 17. Lisbon Fire Hall, 1330 Woodbine Road (Route 94), Lisbon. Family clinic.
* From 9 a.m. to noon, Nov. 19. Southeastern Health Center, 9525 Durness Lane, Laurel. Family clinic.
* From 2 to 7 p.m., Dec. 5. First Presbyterian Church, 9325 Presbyterian Cir., Columbia. Family clinic.
* From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Dec. 8. Glenwood Library, 2350 Route 97, Cooksville. Adults only.
* From 3 to 7 p.m., Dec. 12. Bethany United Methodist Church, 2875 Bethany Lane, Ellicott City. Family clinic.
The FluMist vaccination is available, by appointment only. For more information, visit www.hchealth.org or call 410-313-6503.