During the school year, Montgomery Extra is publishing occasional reviews of high school theatrical performances in the county written by students under the guidance of faculty mentors.
Some reviews are part of the Maryland High School Theatre Critics Program, which aims to help students learn the art of writing criticism. The program recognizes the achievements of young performers, directors, stage crews and critics. Other student critics participate in the Critics and Awards Program, also known as Cappies. For information, go to www.cappies.com.
The Montgomery Extra also lists upcoming high school productions. Any high school, not just those participating in the critics programs, can list a play or musical by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name of the production and school, performance dates and a phone number to call for additional information.
* Quince Orchard High School, "And Then There Were None," today and Saturday. 301-840-4587.
* James Hubert Blake High School, "Much Ado About Nothing," today and Saturday. 301-879-1300.
* Montgomery Blair High School, "Twelfth Night," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-649-2800.
* Seneca Valley High School, "Dancing at Lughnasa," tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. 301-353-8000.
* Einstein High School, "Noises Off," tomorrow, Saturday, and Nov. 18 and 19. 301-929-2200.
* Richard Montgomery High School, "Pride and Prejudice," tomorrow, Saturday and Nov. 18 and 19. 301-279-8400.
* Winston Churchill High School, "West Side Story," tomorrow, Saturday, and Nov. 18 and 19. 301-469-1200.
* Walt Whitman High School, "West Side Story," Nov. 17, 18 and 19. 301-320-6600.
* McLean School of Maryland, "Arsenic and Old Lace," Nov. 18 and 19. 301-299-8277.
* Wheaton High School, "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)," Nov. 16, 18 and 19. 301-929-2050.
* John F. Kennedy High School, "The Nerd," Nov. 17 and 18. 301-929-2100.
* Rockville High School, "The Hobbit," Nov. 18 and 19. 301-279-8500.