During the school year, the Montgomery Extra publishes occasional reviews of high school theatrical performances in the county written by students under the guidance of faculty mentors.
Some reviews are part of the Maryland High School Theatre Critics Program, which aims to help students learn the art of writing criticism. The program recognizes the achievements of young performers, directors, stage crews and critics. Other student critics participate in the Critics and Awards Program, known as Cappies. For information, go to www.cappies.com.
The Montgomery Extra also lists upcoming high school productions. Any high school, not just those participating in the critics programs, can list a play or musical by e-mailing email@example.com. Include the name of the production and school, performance dates and a phone number to call for additional information.
* Einstein High School, "Noises Off," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-929-2200.
* Richard Montgomery High School, "Pride and Prejudice," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-279-8400.
* Winston Churchill High School, "West Side Story," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-469-1200.
* Walt Whitman High School, "West Side Story," today, tomorrow and Saturday. 301-320-6600.
* McLean School of Maryland, "Arsenic and Old Lace," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-299-8277.
* Wheaton High School, "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-929-2050.
* John F. Kennedy High School, "The Nerd," today and tomorrow. 301-929-2100.
* Rockville High School, "The Hobbit," tomorrow and Saturday. 301-279-8500.
* Damascus High School, "Cahoots," Dec. 1, 2, 3 and 4. 301-253-7030.
* Thomas S. Wootton High School, "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown," Dec. 1, 2 and 3. 301-279-8589.
* Magruder High School, "Picasso at the Lapine Agile," Dec 2, 3, 9 and 10. 301-840-4625.
* Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, "Urinetown," Dec. 2, 3, 9 and 10. 240-497-6300.
* Watkins Mill High School, "A Christmas Carol," Dec. 15, 16 and 17. 301-840-3959.