During the school year, the Montgomery Extra publishes occasional reviews of high school theatrical performances in the county written by students under the guidance of faculty mentors.
Some reviews are part of the Maryland High School Theatre Critics Program, which aims to help students learn the art of writing criticism. The program recognizes the achievements of young performers, directors, stage crews and critics. Other student critics participate in the Critics and Awards Program, known as Cappies. For information, go to www.cappies.com.
The Montgomery Extra also lists upcoming high school productions. Any high school, not just those participating in the critics programs, can have a play or musical listed by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Include the school, the title of the production, performance dates and a phone number for people to call to get additional information.
* Damascus High School, "Cahoots," today through Sunday. 301-253-7030.
* Thomas S. Wootton High School, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown," today through Saturday. 301-279-8589.
* Col. Zadok Magruder High School, "Picasso at the Lapine Agile," tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 9 and 10. 301-840-4625.
* Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School, "Urinetown," tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 9 and 10. 240-497-6300.
* Watkins Mill High School, "A Christmas Carol," Dec. 15-17. 301-840-3959.