Sally McGhee Trade Commission SecretarySally Dean McGhee, 54, who oversaw the paralegal staff at Patton Boggs in the 1990s and had been working since 2004 as a Federal Trade Commission secretary, died Feb. 14 after being hit by a Metrobus while crossing Pennsylvania Avenue in Northwest Washington.

Ms. McGhee worked at Patton Boggs, a law, public policy and lobbying firm, from 1981 to 1999.

She went on to work for other law firms, but her brother said trauma related to witnessing American Airlines Flight 77 crash into the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001, led her to seek less stressful jobs.

At her death, Ms. McGhee was secretary to the chief of staff for the office of the chairman at the Federal Trade Commission.

The daughter of a Navy officer, Ms. McGhee was born in Salt Lake City and spent part of her childhood in the Washington area.

She was a 1973 honors graduate of Mary Washington College, now called the University of Mary Washington, in Fredericksburg. She was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and other honor societies.

She received a master's degree in Portuguese language and literature from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1977.

Survivors include a brother, Dr. James C. McGhee of Silver City, N.M.; and a sister, Molly Blasko of Atlantic Beach, Fla.

William K. Spears Engineer, Newspaper EmployeeWilliam K. Spears, 94, a former field engineer and technical writer for defense contractors worldwide who did part-time work in The Washington Post circulation department from the 1970s to the early 1990s, died Feb. 14 at the Mariner nursing home in Laurel.

He had complications from a fall two weeks earlier at his home in Laurel.

William Kebren Spears was an Indianapolis native and a 1929 graduate of the city's Crispus Attucks High School, an all-black high school.

He spent several years as a laborer and field hand during the Depression before receiving a scholarship to study at Dartmouth College, where he was a 1937 mathematics and French graduate.

He taught math and French for two years at Attucks before serving in the Army Signal Corps in the Pacific during World War II. In the late 1940s, he served in the new Air Force. He retired from the Army Reserves as a captain in 1965.

Mr. Spears enjoyed winter sports and sharpshooting. He was a member of several international engineering societies and the National Rifle Association.

He had no immediate survivors.

Guy Ferguson Jr. D.C. Newsstand OwnerGuy Ferguson Jr., 96, who owned and operated Columbia News Agency, a Northwest Washington newspaper stand specializing in out-of-town publications, died Feb. 12 at his home in Mount Rainier. He had dementia.

The stand was at 11th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue near the old Washington Evening Star Building. Mr. Ferguson began working at the newsstand in 1927 after quitting Central High School in 11th grade. Within a few years, he bought it for $1. He retired in 1972.

For years, he had a contract to supply the Justice Department with newspapers and magazines.

Mr. Ferguson was a native Washingtonian. As a young man, he played baseball and basketball for the Boys' Club of Washington and other amateur teams.

During World War II, he maintained his news business while working as a chauffeur for Navy physicians stationed at the Washington Navy Yard.

His wife, Ann Lawn Ferguson, whom he married in 1935, died in 1984. A daughter, Catherine, died in infancy in 1937.

Survivors include three children, Guy A. Ferguson and Timothy Ferguson, both of Mount Rainier, and Mary Ann Cecil of Silver Spring.

Constance F. Sinozich VolunteerConstance F. "Conni" Sinozich, 78, a homemaker, church member and volunteer with charity and community service organizations, died of cancer Feb. 19 at her home in Rockville.

Mrs. Sinozich was an active member of St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in Rockville and a volunteer with the Lord's Table soup kitchen in Gaithersburg, Manna Food Center in Rockville and the Literacy Council of Montgomery County.

She was a native of Evanston, Ill., and a graduate of what is now the University of Mary Washington. She worked briefly as an administrative assistant at the CIA in the early 1950s and sold real estate in the late 1970s.

In the 1950s and '60s, she accompanied her husband, John D. Sinozich Jr., a Foreign Service officer, on his assignments in Paris, The Hague, Rome and Bangkok. He died in 1991 after 40 years of marriage.

Survivors include four children, Rhegina Sinozich of Silver Spring, Carol Sinozich and Mimi Sinozich, both of New York, and Martin Sinozich of Greensboro, N.C.; and three grandchildren.

Lou S. Linden SecretaryLou Smith Linden, 85, who did secretarial work for the Women's Army Corps during World War II and in later decades for the State Department, Arlington's public school system and the CIA, died Feb. 14 at Sunrise at Bluemont Park retirement home in Arlington. She had complications from a hip fracture.

Mrs. Linden, a McLean resident, spent the past year at Sunrise.

She was born in Smithville, Tenn., and attended Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville.

She did secretarial work for military intelligence in the Pacific during World War II and worked for Gen. Douglas A. MacArthur's staff in Australia and later in Manila.

Upon her discharge, she worked for the State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research in the late 1940s.

She also worked for Arlington school system headquarters in the 1970s and for the CIA in the 1980s.

She did volunteer work for the Democratic Party in Northern Virginia and the McLean Community Center, where she received a service award in 2005.

Her memberships included the League of Women Voters and the American Legion.

Survivors include her husband of 60 years, Robert Linden of the Sunrise facility and McLean; two daughters, Peggy Johnson of Falls Church and Nancy Koprowski of Laguna Beach, Calif.; and three grandchildren.