Projects Proposed1. Single-family lots. Glavell LLC, Potomac. A preliminary plan for 11 lots on 3.7 acres at Ashboro Drive, 400 feet west of Grubb Road, Silver Spring. (120070550) 2. Bank. Chevy Chase Bank, Bethesda. A preliminary plan for a bank branch on 1.2 acres in the southeast quadrant of Olney-Sandy Spring Road (Route 108) and Porter Road, Ashton. (120070580)
3. Townhouses. Tower Cos., Rockville. A preliminary plan for 17 townhouses on 3.1 acres on Thistlebridge Drive, west of Georgia Avenue and north of Route 28, Rockville. (120070610)
4. Bank branch. Commerce Bank, Mount Laurel, N.J. A preliminary plan to build a branch office on Nicholson Lane, west of Huff Court, Rockville. (120070620)
5. Townhouse.Winchester Homes, Bethesda. A site plan to build 45 townhouses on 6.09 acres on Route 28, 2,800 feet east of Quince Orchard Road, Gaithersburg. (820070080)
6. Mixed-use development. Derrick Brothers LLC, Ashton. A development plan to build retail and office space and a gas station on 1.9 acres in the northeast quadrant of New Hampshire Avenue and Route 108, Ashton. (820070070)
7. Mixed-use development. 7809 Woodmont Ave. LLC, Chevy Chase. A proposal to build 8,054 square feet of commercial and residential space on Woodmont Avenue, 100 feet south of Fairmont Avenue, Bethesda. (820070090)
8. Restaurant. P&G Associates, Gaithersburg. An application to convert a carpet store into a restaurant at 112 E. Diamond Ave., Gaithersburg. (AFP-07-003)
Projects Approved9. Church addition. Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. The Gaithersburg Planning Commission approved a 20,226-square-foot addition to the church, at 16420 S. Westland Dr., Gaithersburg. (AFP-06-055).
10. Single-family lots. Mitchell and Best Homebuilders, Rockville. A preliminary plan of subdivision for 19 lots on 36 acres on the north side of Thompson Road, 400 feet east of Peach Orchard Road, Cloverly. (120051070)
11. Single-family lots. Oxbridge Development, Rockville. A preliminary plan of subdivision for 186 lots on 468 acres on Muncaster Mill Road, opposite Needwood Road, Rockville. (120060320)
12. Hotel. Milestone Hospitality, Boca Raton, Fla. A site plan to convert a Silver Spring office building into a Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites hotel on Colesville Road, just north of Fenton Street, Silver Spring. (820070030)
13. Hotel Expansion. JBG Cos., Chevy Chase. A site plan to double the size of the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center by adding 225 rooms, at the northwest corner of Rockville Pike and Marinelli Road, North Bethesda. (82000040-C)
Permits Issued14. Condominiums. Ryan Homes, Gaithersburg. The city of Gaithersburg issued a permit to build 10 condominiums on Hidden Marsh Street, in the Hidden Creek community.
15. Grocery Store.Safeway Inc., Lanham. A permit to build a grocery store at 10541 Connecticut Ave., Kensington.