Bereavement SupportThe following free programs meet at Haven of Northern Virginia, 4606 Ravensworth Rd., Annandale. 703-941-7000,
· Widow and widower bereavement support group, 2-3:30 p.m. today.
· Suicide loss bereavement support group, 7:30-9 p.m. Tuesday.
· One-on-one grief support, by appointment.
Grief support group for adults. 7:30-9 p.m. today, Church of the Nativity, 6400 Nativity Lane, Burke. Free. Call Carol Mack at 703-455-2400, Ext. 17.
Educational and Self-HelpTake Off Pounds Sensibly, a support group with weekly weigh-ins and educational programs. 6:45 p.m. Thursdays, Bruen Chapel
United Methodist Church, 3035 Cedar Lane, Fairfax. Year's membership, $24; monthly, $5; first meeting, free. 703-205-9041,
Breast-feeding mothers' group discussion, led by a maternal-infant nurse and lactation consultant. Weekly prize drawing, free parking, baby weight check, resource information and refreshments. 10:30 a.m.-noon Thursdays, Inova Fairfax Hospital Women's Center, 7 South Dayroom, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church. $5 a session. 703-776-6455.
Lyme disease, education, discussion and support for patients, family members and friends, sponsored by the National Capital Lyme Disease Association. Attendees may be chemically sensitive; no scented products, please. 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Ernst Auditorium, 5255 Loughboro Rd. NW, Washington. Free. 703-821-8833 or
"Teens Meet and Eat," hang out and have fun with other teens, ages 13-18, who have a family member with cancer. 6:30-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Life with Cancer Family Center, 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Free; registration required. Call Jenny Eckert at 703-208-5623.
Support GroupsObsessive-compulsive disorder group, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Mondays, St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 4000 Lorcom Lane, Arlington. Free. 703-250-1126. Family members meet for a separate group at the same time and location on the first Monday of each month. Free. 703-978-6425.
The following groups are sponsored by Ephesians Life Ministries and will meet at Potter's House, 260-B Cedar Lane, Vienna. $30 per session. 703-591-1890.
· Anger management support group, for individuals and couples to learn how to change the anger response. 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
· Men's psycho-educational group, to explore the causes of unhealthy sexual behavior and learn how to change unwanted sexual behavior. 8 p.m. Thursdays.
Ostomy Support Group of Northern Virginia, socializing and refreshments, followed by a mini-seminar on "Financial Planning for Retirement," by Brock Jolly of Capitol Financial Partners, ostomy nurse available for advice. 1:30-3:30 p.m. Sunday, Physicians Conference Center Auditorium, Inova Fairfax Hospital, 3300 Gallows Rd., Falls Church. Use blue parking garage. Free. 703-802-3457.
The following free groups are sponsored by the Epilepsy Foundation of the Chesapeake Region for adults with seizure disorders and their caregivers. 703-425-6660.
· Northern Virginia epilepsy group, 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Falls Church High School, Entrance 1, Room 100, 7521 Jaguar Trail.
· Reston Epilepsy group, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, North County Government Center, 12000 Bowman Towne Dr.
Life With Cancer Family Center offers the following free programs at 2832 Juniper St., Merrifield. Registration is required for each group. 703-776-2841.
· "On My Own," for singles in their 40s and older to discuss the challenges of having cancer and living alone. 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday.
· Brain tumor group, noon-1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
· Leukemia group, 7-9 p.m. March 8.
· Melanoma group, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
· Thyroid cancer group, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday.
-- Compiled by JEAN MACK