Two Hanafi Muslims were ordered held for grand jury action yesterday in connection with the holding for prolonged periods last week of 124 hostages at three locations in the District of Columbia.

Judge Carl H. Moultrie I said he found "probable cause" to send the cases against the two men to the grand jury for possible indictment. The two are Abdul Nuh, 28, and Abdul Adam, 32, who also is known as George Wilford Smith.

They are members of a group of 12 Hanafis charged with armed kidnapping in the incidents, which occurred at the Islamic Center on Massachusetts Avenue NW, at the District Building at 14th and E Streest NW, and at B'nai B'rith headquarters at 17th Street and Rhode Island Avenue NW.

The actions began March 9 and continued into the early hours of March 11, when Hamass Abdul Khaalis, 54, the Hanafi leader, agreed to surrender to city official and release the hostages.

By that time, one person had been killed at the District Building and several others injured there and at B'nai B'rith headquarters. As part of the agreement ending the sieges, Khaalis was permitted to go free on personal bond pending grand jury action in the case.

At yesterday's hearing, Judge Moul trie ordered that Nuh and Adam be returned to D.C. jain in lieu of $50,000 bonds he imposed on them when they appeared before him for presentment on March 11.

Nine other Hanafis - including three others besides Khaalis who were released on personal bond - are scheduled for preliminary hearings Monday. The sole purpose of these hearings is to determine if there is sufficient reason to bind them over for grand jury consideration.

Sgt. Robert Sharkey, of the D.C. homicide squad, testified yesterday that Henry Segal, a hostage at B'nai B'rith headquarters, told him he had seen Adam stab Alton Kirkland, another hostage, twice with a machete. Kirkland survived.

Sharkey also testified that Segal had told him that Kaalis had threatened hostages and had warned that "heads would roll" if his demands were not met.

Khaalis told authorities during the siege that he wanted turned over to him six Black Muslims convicted of murdering seven Hanafis at the Hanafi headquarters at 7700 16th St. NW in 1973. He said he also wanted the showing of the film "Mohammad, the Messenger of God" to cease.

Lt. Richard Thornton, of the homicide squad, testified that two hostages at the District Building reported to him that they had seen Nuh and one other man carry out the takeover there. Thornton said the hostages told him that Nuh had been armed with a machete and a sword and briefly had held a shotgun used by the other man in that incident.

Khaalis is scheduled for a premilimary hearing on March 31.

The agreement to release the Hanafi leader on personal bond in return for the hostages' release has drawn considerable criticism in some quarters. Sen. Robert Dole (R-Kan.) introduced legislation yesterday that would prohibit federal officials from making such arrangements.

But Attorney General Griffin Bell told a news conference that he supported the release of Khaakis in return for that of the hostages.He said he received a telephone call early March 11 from Peter W. Flaherty, President Carter's nominee for deputy attorney general, who was representing Bell at the negotiations.

"He said Khaalis' principal demand was that he be allowed to go home if he surrendered," Bell said. "I said that if you can arrange it with the judge, I'll agree . . . I would not give him immunity. It's now in the legal system and they could set bond for him at some later date if he's indicted."

In another development, D.C. police said they would have sufficient officers present Sunday to enforce the law when members of the Jewish Defense League plan to demonstrate in front of the Hanafi headquarters in 16th Street NW.