One of the previous jobs of Richard Lee Earman, indicted for murder in connection with the deaths of an Arlington real estate agent and his fiancee, was incorrectly identified in Thursday's editions of The Washington Post. Earman went to work in 1973 for Regent Realty, Inc., of Falls Church.

A desperate search for money, a change in a life insurance policy's beneficiary, and Alan Foreman's fast life on the Washington discotheque circuit led investigators to the three men who were indicted Tuesday for the murders, of Foreman and his financee, Donna Shoemaker.

It was only last February that Foreman changed the beneficiary of the $56,000 life insurance policy he took out in November 1976, from his mother to Charles Silcox, district manager of the Door Stores and one of three men indicted for the murders sources said yesterday.

It was Joseph N. Martin, a New York Life Insurance Co. agent and another defendant in the case, who wrote that policy.

And it was the third defendent, Richard Lee Earman, a convicted burglar and Foreman's coworker at Town and Country Properties who was seen leaving Tramps, a Georgetown discotheque, with Foreman and Shoemaker on the night of their murders.

Silcox and Martin pleaded innocent yesterday to charges of mudering the couple and were released on $10,000 bond each. Earman is still in custody, his arraignment postponed until Friday.

Foreman and Shoemaker were found May 8, shot to death in Foreman's yellow Jaguar in the garage of his home at 1201 N. George Mason Dr. in Arlington.

To some of the waitresses at Tramp in Georgetown, Foreman and Shoemaker found "a laugh, a good time and a party" among the sounds of the disco beat and the clink of ice and high-priced Scotch.

The couple came to Tramps three or four times a month, said a waitress there who had dated Foreman more than a year ago. Tramps was the place they met last fall for the first time, and Tramps was the place that first led investigators to connect Earman with them.

According to a sworn affidavit filed in Fairfax County, it was a Linda Herring, a waitress at Tramps, who identified Earman as the man who had left the discotheque with the couple, selecting him from a sheaf of six photographs on May 11, three days after the bodies were discovered.

According to the affidavit, Herring told police that "Foreman said he was too inebriated to drive" the night of the murder "and gave his car keys to Shoemaker" before leaving Tramps.

But Foreman "had calmed down" considerably since he had met Shoemaker last fall, the waitress said, since the days ehen he was one of the most popular men on the discotheque circuit, coming to Tramps several nights a week with an eye for women, a taste for elegant three-piece suits and a thirst for Chivas Regal scotch.

After he met Shoemaker the waitress said, Foreman came to Tramps only with her. but he kept his penchant for drinking and for drugs like Qualuudes and Valium, drugs that tend to slow the speed of a fast paced life. The night he died, he was flashing to a fairly hefty bankroll, according to the affidavit.

But despite the bankroll, the Jauar and the home in North Arlington, Forman apparently needed money, according to sources familiar with the investigation. In the few months before he died, we was asking friends and coworkers for large amounts of money, although sources said that there is no evidence yet that his requests were successful.

One of Foreman's friends said that he became so desperate for money during the last weeks of his life that he was trying to sell his own ward.

On Feb. 8, Foreman changed the beneficiary of his $56,000 life insurance policy frim his mother to Silcox, according to several sources. The policy was written by Martin.

Charles Silcox's coworkers yesterday reacted with surprise and disbelief to his indicment. Norman Tolvin, the owner of Door Store, Inc., the firm for which the 32-year-old Silcox worked as a district manager, described Silcox as "a top guy. I never have been able to fault hime in his business life. He is inventive, persistent and aggressively successful."

According to coworkers, Silcox spent much of his spare time on his 23-foot cabin cruiser, the Gato, which is valued at $13,000. "I think Chuck would throw up if he saw blood," said Doris Dick, who works for Silcox at the company's Bailey Crossroads store. Dick said that one of Silcox's ex-wives is now married to Joseph Martin. She said that Silcox had been married three times.

Silcox lives in a $55,000 beige wood and brick home at 6216 Draco St. in Bruke in southwestern Fairfax County.

According to coworkers, Martin came to the Baileys Crossroads store quite often to visit Silcox. A neighbor of Martin, who lives at 9 Cheval Ct. in Sterling, described him as "the big man on campus type. He had the appearance of an up-and-coming young executive, a hot shot."

According tothe neighbor, Martin had recently put on an addition to his home, which is valued at $50,200 according to Loudoun County records. Martin had also recently contracted to buy a 10-year-old Mercedes, the neighbor said.

Richard Lee Earman, the third man indicted in the murders, lives with his parents near Falls Church in a more modest home, but his story is more flamboyant. According to the search warrant affidavit, the "name and phone number of Earman were found on a piece of paper at Foreman's home" after Foreman's murder.

Police tried to set up a routine appointment to interview Earman on May 9, the day after the bodies were found, according to the affidavit, but Earman did not show up for the appointment. Later, when police did interview hij, Earman told them that he had had no contact with Foreman since May 4, and then only by telephone.

But not only did Herring, the waitress at Tramps, identify Earman is the man she saw leaving with Foreman and Shoemaker the night of their murder, but a neighbor of Foreman later picked Earman's dark green mercury Cougar from among six cars as the vehicle she had seen on the night of the killings after she was awakened by gunshots and the sound of breaking glass.

Earman's indictment is not his first experience with law enforcement officials. According to Fairfax County Commonwealth's Attorney Robert F. Horan, Earman spent more than five years in prison after being convicted for his part in the Beltway burglaries of 1968, in which more tha 5,000 Washington area homes were broken into.