The next round in the House fight over the future of the B-1 bomber has been postponed until next week to give opponents of the plane more time to round up votes.

Rep. Joseph P. Addabbo (D.N.Y.), leader of the House B-1 opposition, said yesterday that he expects next Wednesday to be the day the main B-1 battle is finally won.

He confirmed that he asked the Democratic House leadership to postpone the crucial B-1 vote from yesterday to provide more time to line up votes against restoring $1.4 billion in production money.

Addabbo said that the House, in voting Wednesday to knock out $20 million in the Pentagon's supplemental authorization bill for studying a bomber version of the F-111, had made it easier to "ground the B-1."

Thirty-eight House members complained to President Carter last week that the Pentagon, by declaring it could profitably use $20 million for the F-111 bomber study, had raised questions about whether Carter intended to build a new bomber after all.

If any new bomber is to be built, a number of representatives argued, it should be the B-1, not the F-111. Addabbo said the Carter administration has "cleared the air" by posing no objection to the House deleting the $20 million in F-111 bomber money.

If Addabbo and his allies manage to prevail against those trying to restore production money for the B-1, the only other big question to be settled about the bomber is whether to build six rather than the four prototypes Carter wants.

In a separate development, the Defense Department yesterday issued a report predicting that the Los Angeles area will recover "in a reasonable time" from any adverse effects from Carter's cancellation of the B-1 bomber program.

"The initial analysis indicates that there will be a short term economic impact in the Los Angeles metropolitan area as a result of terminating this B-1 bomber production program," according to the Defense Department's Office of Economic Adjustment.