Israeli warplanes bombed parts of southern Lebanon again yesterday as sporadic fighting followed the one-day offensive that put the territory under Israeli occupation.

By late yesterday, only three small pockets of Palestinian resistance reportedly remained inside the six-mile-deep strip of Lebanese territory that Israeli forces have seized along the two countries' 62-mile-long border.

Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, after a trip that took him close to the front lines, said in Beirut that his forces were continuing to fight.

But a Palestinian commander in southeastern Lebanon told reporters that his forces were switching to hit-and-run tactics and elsewhere in southern Lebanon. The only indication of Palestinian resistance was occasional rockets and artillery fired from north of the Israeli-held zone.

Israel's official army radio said Israeli troops controlled a 384-square-mile strip of Lebanese territory, reaching from the Mediterranean Sea to the foothills of Mount Hermon.

There were widely varying reports of casualties and, because of difficult communications in Lebanon and strict censorship in Israel, it appeared unlikely that precise figures would be available.

The Palestine Liberation Organization said in Geneva that 79 of its commandos were killed or wounded. Israeli military officials said about 100 Palestinians were killed and hundreds more wounded.

Israel said 11 of its soldiers were killed and 57 wounded. The PLO said about 350 Israelis were killed or wounded.

Neither side gave any figures on civilian casualties.

The Israeli bombing yesterday was directed largely at the three reported sites in the occupied zone still providing resistance - Rashaya Foukhour, near the Syrian border; Haddata in the central and Qlaile, near the Mediterranean.

Israeli warplanes also bombed populated areas well north of the occupied territory for the second day, Washington Post correspondent Jonathan C. Randal reported from Beirut. Among the targets were Tyre, a seaport city; the nearby Rashadiyeh Palestinian refugee camp and Nabatiyeh, an inland town.

A growing problem for Lebanon, Randal reported, was the flow of refugees moving north from the areas seized and bombed by Israel.

Members of the 30,000-man Syrian peacekeeping force, who have had no confrontations with the Israeli forces, attempted unsuccessfully to prevent the refugees from moving north of Sidon, a seaport 20 miles south of Beirut.

The territory held by Israel amounts to almost one-tenth of Lebanon's total area and Lebanon thus becomes the fourth Arab state to lose territory to Israeli occupation.

The occupied portion of Lebanon is more than twice the size of the Gaza Strip and almost as large as the Golan Heights, an occupied Syrian territory. In normal times, about 150,000 persons live in the occupied Lebanese territory, but diplomatic sources say that only about one-fifth that number live there now.

The Israeli move into Lebanon aroused anger among Arabs on the occupied West Bank of Jordan, Reuter reported.

In Ramallah, school children threw rocks at cars bearing Israeli license plates and few of the 20,000 West Bank Arabs who work in Israel turned up for their jobs. Most schools on the West Bank were closed.