Maj. Gen John K Singlaub took up where he left off before retiring and assailed Carter Administration military policies yesterday, which he said include ignoring the Joint Chiefs of Staff and putting too many women into the Amry.

In the first of a series of speeches he plans to make under the auspices of the American Security Council, a private group with hawkish views, Singlaub said that the joint chiefs were not consulted before President Carter decided to postpone his decision on producing the neutron warhead.

"As late as 4 o'clock in the afternoon" on the day before President Carter announced his decision, Sanglaub said "it was go in the Deparment of Defense that they were goimg ahead" with producing of the neutron warheaded. "Obviously there was not any consultation overnight" with the joint chiefs, he added.

Th White House had decided to delay his decision on whether to produce the new weapon until the President could determine if the Soviets would show "restraint" in their own arms programs.

"I do know," said Singlaub that the joint chiefs" are somewhat concerned that some essentially military decisions are being made today without any reference to them as individuals or to the joint chiefs of Staff as a boys."

Asked if he thought the joint chiefs were being "igorned," Singlaub responded: "Yes."

Beside the neutron warhead issue, Singlaub cited the Carter administration's decision to withdraw U.S. combat troops from South Korea as another example of failing to consult fully with the joint chiefs.

Administration officials, Singlaub said, did not seek the joint chiefs' advice on withdrawing troops from Korea except for asking them "to select the best of three lousy alternatives" ranging from a total to a small withdrawal.

Pentagon spokesman Thomas B. Ross said yesterday what "the views of the Joint Chiefs of Staff were known to the president" on both the neutron warhead and Korean troop withdrawals "at the time he made his decisions."

Carter ordered Singlaub home from Korea last year to explain face-to-face why he spoke out against the withdrawal policy. Singlaub was transferred shortly afterward to head the staff at the Army Forces Command at Fort McPherson near Atlanta.

In April, Singlaub got into hot water again by attacking Carter administration defense policies during a question and answer session with ROTC cadets at Georgia Tech. He said yesterday that through "a breakdown in communications" he had been told his remarks would be off the record and had been "assured" the television camera there was for the internal use of the university.

In this second confrontation with superiors, Singlaub agreed to retire from the Army effective this past Wednesday.

In his first of many speeches he intends to make as a private citizen, Singlaub warned yesterday that the Army is undercutting its combat effectiveness by putting so many women in its ranks. "As long as men have mothers," he said, men "tend to be protective of women" and would leave their combat posts to protect them.