Six more survivors of the Peoples Temple mass suicide-murder in Guyana arrived here tonight and were questioned by FBI and Secret Service agents before continuing to their homes. The six were examined by a doctor and pronounced "generally in good health."

Thirty-one other survivors are expected to leave Guyana Sunday.

Some of the remaining survivors of the cult, more than 900 of whose members died in a mass suicide-murder two weeks ago, will be held as witnesses in the investigation, Guyana police said.

Georgetown's assistant police commissioner, Cecil A. Roberts, said today that 37 survivors had been given permission to leave Guyana over the weekend.

Roberts said some sect members would have to remain because "we need people as witnesses."

"Some of them will be asked to assist us in the investigation. I don't have a figure. We are reviewing some that we will ask to stay on as witnesses," he said.

The six flying to New York today were identified as Julius and Sandra Evans, both 30, and their children Sonya, 11, Sharla 7, and Shirella, 6, all of San Francisco, and Edith Parks, 64, of Ukiah, Calif.

Parks is a survivor of the airstrip attack that preceded the mass deaths in Jonestown. The Evans family had walked out of Jonestown that morning, saying they were going on a picinc. They have said they did not witness the shooting at the airstrip or the poisoning.

Crucial to the Guyana investigation are reports from Dover Air Force Base, Del., where experts are finger-printing more than 900 bodies flown there after the Peoples Temple cultists drank a grape-flavored punch spiked with poison and drugs.

"We are still waiting for help from Delaware to determine whether persons wanted for questioning are among the dead," Roberts said. "We have names we want. We haven't got them in custody."

The Rev. Jim Jones persuaded his followers to participate in the death ceremony after Rep. Leo J. Ryan (D-Calif.), three newsmen and a disaffected cultist were shot to death Nov. 18 while trying to leave from an airstrip near the commune.

Two persons have been charged with murder in Jonestown-related episodes.Larry Layton of San Francisco has been accused in the airstrip attack, and Charles F. Beikman of Indianapolis is charged with killing a sect member and her three children in Georgetown on the day of the mass posonings.

Richard A. Dwyer, deputy chief of mission at the U.S. embassy, led Ryan's party to the commune for an investigation of reports that members were being forcibly held and tortured. Dwyer survived the attack, though a bullet still is lodged against his pelvis.

Dwyer, 45, of Michigan City, Ind., recalled that the Ryan party was escorting several residents who wanted to leave the settlement when "all of a sudden somebody started shooting at us."

"I hit the deck, and that must have been when they shot me," he said. "I don't remember feeling it hit. I lay on my back and played dead.

"I remember worrying that because I was wearing dark blue slacks the blood wasn't going to show up well enough. I was debating whether to smear some around on my shirt to make it look better," he said.

Dwyer said that the congressman "was clearly dead. Part of his head was blown away. The same was true for [NBC correspondent Don]Harris."

The survivors of the attack spent that night with the wounded, and were evacuated to Georgetown the next morning by Guyanese troops.