Prosecutors in the trial of Gene Leroy Hart, in winding up their case, have attempted to link Hart to the slayings of three Girl Scouts in 1977 by hair and sperm found on the victims' bodies.

Witnesses have testified that the hair and sperm were probably Hart's, although no positive comparison could be made.

Hart, 35, is accused of three first-degree murders in the three slayings at a summer camp 19 miles south of Pryor.

The victims were discovered severely beaten, strangled and sexually molested on first night of a week-long outing.

Hart was charged a few days later with the crimes, but his supporters have claimed he was merely a "convenient suspect" because he is a fullblooded Cherokee Indian who had been previously convicted of rape.

The prosecution, which rested its case over the weekend, has attempted to link Hart to the killings through an extensive amount of circumstantial evidence.

One of the most damaging pieces of evidence has come from Dr. John MacLeod, fertility expert at Cornell University Medical Center in New York.

MacLeod testified that sperm found on the bodies was "quite similar" to Hart's and that the probability of the sperm belonging to anyone else was quite small.

Ann Reed, chemist with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, testified that hair found on one body "came from Gene Leroy Hart or someone with exactly the same characteristics as the defendant."

However, both experts admitted under cross-examination tha positive identification of sperm and hair are impossible to make. The first withnesses for the defense have verified that opinion.

Other prosecution witnesses have testified that tape used to bind the wrists of one of the victims came from a cave where Hart allegedly lived, as did tape found on a flashlight at the crime scene.

A former camp counselor, Karen Mitchell of Still-water, testified that a cosmetic mirror and small corncob pipe found at the hose where Hart was arrested in April 1978 belonged to her and were stolen from her tent by someone shortly before the June 1977 killings.