Theodore Robert Bundy was found guilty tonight of two counts of first-degree murder and five other charges. The seven-man, five-woman jury deliberated six hours and 34 minutes.

Bundy, 32, a former University of Utah law student, was convicted of strangling Lisa Levy, 20, and Margaret Bowman, 21, in their beds in the Chi Omega house at Florida State University in Tallahassee in January 1978.

he was also convicted of three counts of attempted murder in the first degree in the beatings of three other women, and of two counts of burglary.

Bundy has been convicted of kidnaping in Utah and is accused of killing a 12-year-old girl in Lake City, Fla., and a 23-year-old nurse near Aspen, Colo. He also is wanted for questioning in several other cases.

Bundy's mother, Louise, and close friend, Carole Boone, both of Seattle, were present as the jury brought back its verdict.

Bundy showed no visibile reaction, though he listened intently as the verdicts were read. He turned to his mother, sitting behind him, and wiggled his fingers in greeting.

His mother appeared teary-eyed but did not weep openly. Neither she nor Boone responded to his greeting.

Earlier, while the jury deliberated, Bundy told a television interviewer on the telephone, "Whatever happens, I'm ready for it."

"Are you ready for a guilty verdict?" the reporter asked.

"Sure thing," Bundy responded "Believe it or not, yes, I am. Almost any outcome is preferable to going through the trial."

in an earlier TV interview, Bundy's mother said, "I know he didn't kill them. That's absolutely impossible. Ted's not that kind of a person."

During its deliberations the jury sent back for an artist's sketch of the sorority house intruder as described by Nita Neary, who saw someone leave the Chi Omega house on the night in question. Prosecutor Larry Simpson had told the jury that the sketch "might be the most important piece of evidence in the case."

The jury also asked for a panty hose mask found in the room of one of the beating victims. The jurors sought to review testimony concering hairs found on the mask.

Bundy faces possible death in the electric chair. Florida law requires a separate penalty phase of the trial, and then the jury will recommend whether Bundy should receive a life sentence or be executed.

Judge Edward Cowart scheduled the sentencing phase to bein at 10 a.m. Saturday. The jury's sentencing recommendation is not binding on the judge.

Bundy had told reporters earlier that he expected the death penalty if found guilty.

In his 55-minute summation to the jury today, prosecutor Larry Simpson told the jury, "It is your duty to return a verdict of guilty as charged."

"He's the kind of man who's smart enough to stand up in this court . . . and question witnesses. He thinks he's smart enough to get away with any crime," Simpson said.

Defense lawyer Margaret Good reminded the jury that the defense did not have to prove Bundy's innocence, but that the state had to prove his "beyong reasonable doubt."

The defense claimed Bundy was the innocent victim of a state-run "confidence game" built on backward police work, optical illusions and misguided experts.

Good said the defense did not deny that there was a "great and horrible tragedy" at the Chi Omega house. She pleaded, "I ask you not to compound that tragedy by finding that Theodore Robert Bundy and no one else was the person who committed those crimes." CAPTION: Picture, THEODORE R. BUNDY . . . "Whatever happens, I'm ready."