Iran's ruling Moslem religious leaders have agreed to proclaim a cease-fire on all fronts in the Kurdish revolt, Kurdish negotiators said here tonight.

A spokesman for the Kurds, Rahim Seif Ghazi, said the agreement was reached after talks today with Ayatollah Mahmoud Taleghano, the government's main troubleshooter on the issue of autonomy-seeking minorities.

Ghazi said the ayatollah had promised that a truce order would be broadcast by the state radio by Tuesday morning and that formal negotiations for peace would begin.

In Iran's western Kurdish region, however, Kurdish guerrillas appeared to be taking no chances as they hastily trained teenage boys and girls to use tanks and artillery in preparation for an expected assault by government forces on their stronghold of Mahabad.

The Iranian army, however, held back today from an advance on the Kurdish rebel capital, awaiting the outcome of the negotiations between a guerrilla-backed Kurdish peace mission and senior government officials.

The government force, backed by tanks and heavy guns, was poised less than 20 miles away from Mahabad and controlled key roads leading into the city, reports from the area said.

In the Kurdish town of Saqqez, overrun by government forces Sunday after five days of fierce fighting, Kurdish guerrillas refused to surrender their weapons in defiance of a government ultimatum.

A Kurdish firing squad in the Iraqi border town of Sardasht executed four Revolutionary Guards late Sunday in retaliation for the execution of nine Kurdish rebels in Marivan two days ago, a Kurdish spokesman said.

Ayatollah Sadegh Khalkhali, the self-proclaimed chief judge of Iran's revolutionary courts, sentenced nine more Kurds to death today on charges of armed rebellion and massacres in four predominantly Kurdish towns, the state radio reported.

So far 59 Kurdish rebels have been executed in connection with fighting that erupted two weeks ago in the town of Paveh near the Iraqi border. More than 300 insurgents are awaiting trial inside the army barracks at Saqqez, an Iranian military source said.

The outlawed Kurdistan Democratic Party, still functioning openly in Mahabad, has said its guerrillas would execute one Revolutionary Guard for each Kurd sentenced to death by Islamic courts. The Kurds claim they are holding about 150 government troops, mainly revolutionary militia-men.

Reports reaching Mahabad from other areas of Kurdistan said Iranian troops were largely in control of the province and other cities in the region were quiet. Travelers said the army was consolidating positions inside Saqqez and planned a house-to-house search for weapons after an ultimatum for their surrender expired late today.

Meanwhile, the official Pars News Agency reported that two Iraqi military officers had been captured in the recent fighting in Paveh and sent to Tehran for questioning. It was the first suggestion that any Iraqi military personnel might be involved in the rebellion. Iranian officials previously accused Iraq of aiding Iranian Arabs who also are fighting for autonomy.

The Kurds have not specified their proposals for a cease-fire in the current talks, but Ghazi, the Kurds' spokesman, said the team had asked for the removal of Ayatollah Khalkhali, who has earned the nickname "Judge Blood" for his role in sending scores of revolutionary court defendants to firing squads in the past six months.

Ghazi also said the Kurds wanted the army to agree not to attack Mahabad.

The government has not yet confirmed the Kurdish announcement of a planned cease-fire. Ghazi said any cease-fire would depend on the endorsement of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, who last week declared himself supreme commander of the armed forces.