A federal grand jury in Alexandria indicted former CIA agent Edwin P. Wilson yesterday on firearms violations charges involving the alleged transporting of guns to Libyan officials. One of the handguns mentioned in the indictment was used in the May 1980 assassination of a Libyan dissident in Bonn, prosecutors said.

Wilson, who is in federal custody on charges of shipping explosives and training terrorists for Libyan ruler Muammar Qaddafi, allegedly had two associates purchase four handguns in North Carolina and take them to Bonn. The two, Wallace Lloyd Klink of Fauquier County, and Reginald Slocombe of Northern Virginia, were named as unindicted coconspirators in the 11-count indictment.

Klink, who pleaded guilty to buying the handguns and illegally transporting them, had been sentenced to three years probation. Slocombe, who allegedly took the handguns to Rotterdam, has not been charged.

Slocombe, who headed a shipping company organized by Wilson associates, allegedly drove to Bonn and turned the guns over to a Libyan intelligence officer. About a year later, one of those guns, a Smith & Wesson .357, was used to assassinate a former finance attache at the embassy who had refused a Qaddafi order to return to Libya, according to investigators.

A suspect arrested in that killing has claimed he was acting on orders of the Libyan government. The gun was traced by federal agents to North Carolina and then to Klink and Slocombe.

In May or June 1979, according to the indictment, Wilson also had a Colt M16 automatic rifle shipped to Europe, also in violation of firearms laws.

Wilson, who is being held in the New York area in lieu of bond totaling $40 million, has been indicted both in the District and in Houston on charges of esporting explosives to Libya and arranging an abortive assassination plot against an opponent of Qaddafi.

Wilson will be arraigned in Alexandria on Friday. Judge Albert V. Bryan Jr. set his bond there at an addition $20 million. If convicted on all counts in Virginia, Wilson faces up to 44 years in prison and a fine of up to $245,000.