* Dec. 26, 1964: Oscar David Gibson, 19, marries Patricia Ann Kellogg, 18, in Annandale.
* Aug. 28, 1968: Patricia Gibson and Oscar Gibson separate. He moves out.
* Jan. 15, 1969: Patricia Gibson obtains a court order for $50-a-week child support from Oscar Gibson.
* April 1969: Oscar Gibson leaves Northern Virginia for Dallas without telling his estranged wife, his foster parents or his friends.
* Summer 1969: Oscar David Gibson changes his name to James Clinton Parker in Texas.
* Nov. 1, 1969: James Parker marries another woman in Dallas, before being divorced from Patricia Gibson.
* September 1970: James Parker leaves wife, who calls Patricia Gibson. The two women agree they have been married to the same man.
* June 20, 1972: Patricia Gibson obtains a divorce in Fairfax County from Oscar Gibson in order to marry Eugene Bennett.
* September 1978: Patricia Bennett files for Gibson's death benefits from Social Security.
* June 1979: Social Security rejects Bennett's claim, saying there is no evidence that either Gibson or Parker is dead.
* July 23, 1982: Irene and Robert Gibson have their foster son, Oscar David Gibson, declared dead by a Charlottesville judge and collect $11,000 in life insurance.
* Summer 1984: Patricia Bennett uses Social Security file to find James Clinton Parker, now living near Tampa.
* Jan. 16, 1985: James Clinton Parker is jailed in Florida on the outstanding Fairfax County child support order. Bennett and her three daughters confront him.
* Jan. 18, 1985: Parker is released from jail and speaks on the telephone for four hours with his three daughters.