* Fair Lakes -- Developers will pay a total of $32 million for highway improvements, intersections and bridges for the "urban village" development in the Fairfax Center area west of Fairfax City.
* Centennial Gateway -- Developers will pay $5 million for major road and intersection improvements for this shopping, office and housing development, also in Fairfax Center.
* Rte. 28 -- Developers in Montgomery County are paying $750,000 and donating land to build access roads and expand Rte. 28 west of Rockville, at a cost of $500 per unit built.
* Rte. 118 -- Developers are paying the total $1.8 million cost of a new, expanded section of Rte. 118 between Aircraft Drive and Waters Road near I-270 in Montgomery County.
* Great Seneca Highway -- Montgomery County officials are striking individual agreements with developers working in the area of the planned 7.5-mile highway between Rockville and Germantown. Total developer contributions are expected to total about $5 million.
* Oak Mill Apartments -- Developers recently established a "home-based" ride-sharing program aimed at eliminating the impact on traffic of the 208 new apartments in Germantown.
* Knightsbridge Apartments -- Developers of this 2,200 apartment development in White Oak have promised a subsidized van shuttle service for 50 years, as well as an area commuter parking lot.