Fadel Norman Fadel, 54, arrived in this country from Lebanon in 1950, settling in California. He told an Orlando, Fla., court last week that he had tried his hand at several business ventures over the years, including interior decorating, selling cars, exporting, and promoting movie scripts.

In 1974, he and Sanai were married in Las Vegas and she raised the $300,000 down payment on their home. They ran an exporting company, but when arrested, Fadel was working as an oil broker with a firm located in the Grand Cayman Islands. Fadel denied involvement in the alleged arms conspiracy and told the court he had come to Orlando to close an oil deal. He is being held without bond.

Asked about Iran in court, Fadel said: ''I would never go to this country in my life.'' Amir Hossein Monshizadeh-Azar, 37, was the alleged contact for the missile deal in Iran, according to FBI testimony.

Sanai told FBI undercover agent Richard Witkowsky that Monshizadeh-Azar was a high-level official with the Iranian government and that Ayatollah Khomeini lived in his father-in-law's house, according to the agent's testimony.

Witkowsky also testified that Monshizadeh-Azar was able to clear an Iranian airstrip for three days to receive an expected arms shipment from Sjeklocha but it never arrived, costing him loss of prestige.

Since his arrest, Monshizadeh-Azar identified himself as the chairman of a can company in Iran, according to court records. Through is attorney, he denied that he is an Iranian official. He entered the United States in 1982, returned to Iran in 1984, and came back here last June, court records show. He asked for an received a Farsi interpreter for his court appearance and is being held without bond.

Monshizadeh-Azar told Witkowsky that ''price was not important, his country needed weapons that would work as a result of the war they were presently engaged in,'' according to the FBI affidavit. Farhin Sanai, 52, entered the U.S. in 1972 and became a permanent resident alien in 1974. Her husband, Fadel N. Fadel, testified that when the Iranian revolution took place, she lost a $35 million family inheritance.

''They took everything she owned,'' Fadel said, telling the court that she returned to Iran in 1981 to try to get some of the money, was put under house arrest and managed to escape on a false passport. A 1982 financial statement entered in court showed Sanai with $6 million in assets, including $1 million in jewels and two dress shops.

Among the documents turned up in an FBI search of Sanai's home were: notes ''on 'TOE' sic missiles''; an ''army-navy maintenance manual''; a ''requirement list for tank M60 Islamic Republic of Iran''; ''Northrup Aircraft Division Supplier Update'' and ''correspondence from the Iranian Interest Section in Washington, D.C.,'' according to the search warrant.

In her application for bond, which was denied, Sanai wrote, ''I do not face the possibility of death in this case. I believe I face it in Iran.'' Wayne Gordon Gillespie (not pictured), 46, was assigned to the U.S. Army Materiel Command in Alexandria since 1982, where he represented the United States in discussions with NATO allies. A native of Welch, W. Va., who speaks five languages, he spent more than five years in Vietnam and worked in West Germany for the Army's European Command. Released on $100,000 bond, he's on ''leave status'' while the case against him is pending. It is not known how Gillespie met Sjeklocha. Born in Yugoslavia in 1937, Paul Sjeklocha came to this country with his parents after World War II, became a U.S. citizen and, in 1965, got a master's degree in Slavic studies from the University of California at Berkeley. During the summer of 1964, he worked ''as a low-level guide for an American graphic-arts exhibit in Moscow,'' sponsored by the U.S. Information Agency, a spokeswoman said. He coauthored a book called ''Unofficial Art in the Soviet Union.''

According to federal court records in San Francisco, Sjeklocha was indicted on charges of mail and wire fraud in 1974, but they were dismissed because he was serving a five-year sentence for fraud in a Yugoslavian prison.

In 1981, he wrote a column on political intelligence called ''Undercurrents'' for a magazine called Military Electronics/Countermeasures; he later formed EDA Publishing with George Neranchi. In 1982, Sjeklocha joined a group of retired American military officers touring Israel with the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs and he is an associate member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers.

After his arrest, the FBI played a tape of a conversation in which Sjeklocha discussed the alleged arms deal with the undercover agent. ''Stop, I've heard enough,'' Sjeklocha said, according to FBI testimony, ''I did it for the money.'' He is being held without bond. George Neranchi, was a friend of Sjeklocha's who was to help arrange transportation of the missiles from Miami to Iran, according to the FBI affidavit.

A former U.S. Air Force pilot, Neranchi formerly worked in marketing for GTE (Western Division) and Dalmo Victor Operations. Before the Iranian Revolution, he briefl;y worked there on a radar project, according to a former associate. In 1984, he and Sjeklocha formed EDA Publishing in Santa Clara, Calif. Described by former coworkers as outgoing and intelligent, Neranchi was released on $25,000 bond. Charles Miseroy St. Claire of Granada Hills, Calif., was born in Indonesia and became a U.S. citizen in 1971, according to federal authorities. A probation officer testified St. Claire said he was a commodities broker specializing in airplanes and weapons; that he was convicted of fraud in Orange County, Calif., in 1972 and that he legally changed his name in 1978.

St. Claire, who was in Holland when he learned of the charges against him, came back and turned himself in to the FBI. After his release on $100,000 bond, he told the Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel that the charges against him were ''kind of dumb. I thought it was a big joke. It made me a celebrity in the Far East and Europe; everyone wants to do business now.''