DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, NOV. 12 -- Iran today rebuffed a call by Arab heads of state to abandon occupied Iraqi territory and agree to a United Nations plan for an immediate cease-fire in its seven-year-old war with Iraq.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry labeled the Arab leaders' decision to urge Iran to accept the terms of U.N. Resolution 598 an act of submission to U.S. and Israeli wishes, according to broadcasts by Tehran Radio and the official Iranian Republic News Agency.

Tehran Radio said tonight Iran's Supreme War Support Council had asked Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini to call for a new mobilization for a fresh offensive against Iraq.

The broadcast, monitored here, said the mobilization was needed for a "chain of successive and effective operations along all the war fronts" against Iraq.

A week ago, Khomeini's representative on the council, parliamentary leader Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, proclaimed a week-long mobilization to prepare Iran for a confrontation with the United States.

In a separate statement from Tehran tonight, Prime Minister Mir Hossein Mousavi rejected any cease-fire and said his nation's war against Iraq would continue until "the complete suppression of the aggressor."

Iranian leaders have been declaring for the past week that U.N. mediation efforts were going nowhere and that the only resolution to the war would come from the battlefield.

Western intelligence reports have confirmed that Iran is massing troops and equipment across from the battered Iraqi river port of Basra for an offensive expected around the end of the year.

Tehran tonight depicted the Arab leaders, including Iran's most important Arab ally, Syrian President Hafez Assad, as surrendering to U.S. policy in the region.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry statement said the decision, reached at an Arab summit in Amman, Jordan, was "in line with the aggressive policies of the U.S.A."

Iran soon "will give a suitable response to the threats of the American government and its dependents in the region," it said.

"The responsibility for all future events in the region," the statement added, rests on the shoulders of "America and the reactionary heads of state."

In a later broadcast, Iran complained of the diplomatic efforts of "certain international bodies," apparently referring to the United Nations, and said they had "totally weakened optimism in those efforts."

The remarks seemed to put to rest hopes that U.N. Secretary General Javier Perez de Cuellar could win Iran's acceptance of Resolution 598, which calls for Iraq and Iran to agree to a cease-fire and start peace talks.

Iraq has expressed willingness to go along with the resolution, approved by the U.N. Security Council's five permanent members in July, but Iran has steadfastly refused to endorse it.

Both countries have agreed to send representatives to New York for new talks with Perez de Cuellar.

{Iran's comments on the Arab summit came as Iraq announced that its jets had hit three tankers off Iran's coastline, The Associated Press reported. The claims, in Iraqi war communiques monitored in Nicosia, Cyprus, brought to seven the number of tankers serving Iran that Iraq has claimed to have hit since Monday, the AP said.}

Only one raid, on the Greek ship Fortuneship L, has been confirmed.

The ship's owner, Ceres Hellenic Shipping Enterprises, of Piraeus, Greece, said the vessel had been hit last night near the Iranian oil-loading terminal at Kharg Island by a missile fired from an Iraqi warplane. The ship's Pakistani and Greek sailors were reportedly unhurt.

The ship was hit as the U.S. Navy escorted a convoy past Bahrain on its way to Kuwait at the northwestern end of the Persian Gulf.

The 12-ship convoy's passage, according to reports from Bahrain, has been uneventful.