JERUSALEM, DEC. 30 -- A bomb hidden in a musical Christmas card blew up and injured two persons today, as the Arab death toll from the recent clashes between troops and demonstrators rose to 22 when a 17-year-old from the Gaza Strip died of wounds suffered last week.

Israel's 10-member inner Cabinet, meanwhile, met to discuss deporting alleged ringleaders of the violence.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for at least eight letter bombs sent in envelopes containing musical Christmas cards to addresses in Israel and a Jewish settlement in the West Bank. But police noted that they followed two weeks of clashes between Israeli soldiers and Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

All the bombs carried the same return address in Istanbul, and the name D. Nissim.

In the Turkish capital, Deputy Police Chief Mehmet Agar said the return address was an Istanbul tourist hotel, the Dilson, which was frequented by Arabs. "This does not, of course, prove that Arabs sent them or that it was really sent from there," he said.

Three bombs were discovered yesterday in the Jewish settlement of Kiryat Arba after a resident saw wires sticking out of an envelope, police said.

Today, four more bombs were found and defused, but one slipped through postal investigators and was delivered in Or Yehuda, near Ben Gurion International Airport. Two men were slightly injured when it went off, police said.

Avi Peer, superintendent of the bomb squad, said the sender apparently replaced the cards' musical mechanism with explosives that blow up when the card is opened. He said addresses were apparently selected at random.

It was the fourth day of swift trials in the occupied territories for Palestinian youths charged in rioting that began Dec. 8.

Israel's Army radio said 80 of those charged were brought before judges. A few were sentenced to three-month jail terms for stone-throwing but most cases were postponed, the radio said.

U.S. government observers who attended the trials said they were satisfied that defendants were being treated fairly, U.S. Consul General Morris Draper said in a televised interview.

But about 40 West Bank attorneys joined their Gaza colleagues in a boycott to protest mass arrests and what they said were inadequate prison conditions, their inability to visit clients and the assembly-line nature of the trials, which they said prevented adequate preparation.

"What is the point of appearing if we cannot adequately defend our clients?" said Felicia Langer, an Israeli attorney based in Jerusalem.

Military prosecutor Capt. Ronen Ketzef denied the allegations.

Israeli leaders have said they will deport some Palestinian rioters, despite a U.S. request yesterday not to do so. The State Department said deportation could lead to renewed violence.

The inner Cabinet, reportedly divided over the issue, discussed it today, Israeli news media reported. Spokesmen for Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir and Foreign Minister Shimon Peres said they could not disclose details.

In addition, military officials said there was "great tension" over the possibility of renewed violence Friday, the 23rd anniversary of the founding of the Fatah faction of the Palestine Liberation Organization.

Fatah, led by Yasser Arafat, is the largest of the eight PLO factions, and previous anniversaries have been marked by violence.

An Army spokesman said Israeli troops killed an Arab cutting the border fence with Jordan today. He ignored orders to halt, the spokesman said, was shot, then found to be unarmed.