N.M. Teen Charged With Murder

DEMING, N.M.--A 13-year-old boy who allegedly shot and killed a classmate last week was charged with murder yesterday, the district attorney said.

The suspect, who shot Aracely Tena once in the head, was ordered to remain in Luna County juvenile detention, where he has been since the Friday shooting at Deming Middle School here. The school has 750 students.

Tena, 13, died of her head wound Saturday at a hospital in El Paso, about 100 miles from Deming, a farming and ranching town of about 16,000.

"We have no information as to his motive at this point," District Attorney Daniel Viramontes said.

The district attorney declined to comment on claims by the boy's father, Victor Cordova Sr., that the boy intended to commit suicide but accidentally fired into the crowd when his arm was jostled.

The father has said the boy was distraught over his mother's death from cancer in February.

Police said the boy burst out of a restroom in the crowded school lobby at the end of lunch recess and allegedly fired one shot from a .22-caliber revolver, which struck Tena in the back of the head.

Bombing Remains to Be Buried

OKLAHOMA CITY--More than four years after the Oklahoma City bombing, unidentified, fragmentary remains of some of the victims will be buried in a memorial grove at the state Capitol.

The Capitol-Medical Planning and Zoning Commission agreed to allow the burial of a single casket containing the remains on Dec. 11.

All 168 victims of the April 19, 1995, bombing that destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building were identified, but these small bits of tissue and bone could not be linked to any specific body and have been held at the medical examiner's office.

Victims' relatives and survivors had wanted the remains buried at the bombing site, where work is under way to create a national memorial, due to open April 19. However, National Park Service policy prohibits burials.

Immigrant Cites Racism in Suicide

KANSAS CITY, Mo.--An Ethiopian man who shot two white co-workers at an airport parking lot before turning the gun on himself left a bitter letter complaining of racist treatment.

Negusse Zeleke, a shuttle bus driver at the Parking Spot near Kansas City International Airport, killed driver Michael Scott and critically wounded dispatcher Traci Riehle on Saturday before killing himself.

In a three-page, typewritten note police released yesterday, Zeleke complained about how he had been treated since coming to the United States in 1989. He specifically referred to "black blood sucker supreme white people."

Company officials said Zeleke had an unblemished work record.

Zeleke was married and had two children. He also worked for an airport security company and was a cashier at a convenience store.