A Nov. 1 listing of funds set up to honor victims of the Washington area sniper attacks contained an error in the address of the fund established in memory of James L. "Sonny" Buchanan. The correct address of the fund, which benefits needy youths in the community, is: Sonny's Kids, P.O. Box 10666, Rockville, Md. 20849. (Published 11/2/02)
Here is a list of funds set up to honor victims of the sniper attacks or to assist their families:
* "Sonny's Kids," a fund to benefit needy youths, in memory of James L. "Sonny" Buchanan, c/o Sandy Spring Bank, P.O. Box 10666, Rockville, Md. 20849.
* Sarah Ramos Memorial Fund, for Ramos's husband and young son, 14904 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, Md. 20905.
* James D. Martin Educational Trust Fund, to benefit Martin's son, P.O. Box 10547, Silver Spring, Md. 20904.
* The Lori Lewis Rivera Family Fund, c/o Temple Sinai Nursery School, 3100 Military Rd. NW, Washington, D.C. 20015.
* A trust fund to support the education of Premkumar A. Walekar's two children. Checks should be made payable to Sligo Seventh-day Adventist Church, 7700 Carroll Ave., Takoma Park, Md. 20912; mark donations "Walekar Trust Fund."
* A fund for the 13-year-old boy shot outside Benjamin Tasker Middle School in Bowie. Contributions should be sent to: "He's a Fighter Fund," c/o Riggs Bank, P.O. Box 96758, Washington, D.C. 20090-0560.
* A fund to assist victims of breast cancer or violent crime, established by the family of FBI analyst Linda G. Franklin. Donations should be mailed to: Linda G. Franklin Memorial Fund, Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 1500 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, Va., 22207.
* A fund to assist the wife and six children of Kenneth Bridges. The Ken Bridges Memorial Fund, c/o Milligan & Co. CPAs, 105 N. 22nd St., Second Floor, Philadelphia, Pa. 19103.
* The Cinada Family Fund, to assist the daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren of Pascal Charlot. Checks should be made payable to Sligo Creek Elementary School and sent to the school at 500 Schuyler Rd., Silver Spring, Md. 20910.
* The Dean Meyers Memorial Fund at Pennsylvania State College of Engineering, established by Meyers's employer, the Dewberry Cos. Checks should be made out to "Penn State University" with "Dean Meyers Memorial Fund" in the memo line and mailed to: Richard G. Swails, Director of Development, College of Engineering, 101 Hammond Building, University Park, Pa. 16802.
* A fund established by Meyers's family for his three favorite charities: Habitat for Humanity, World Vision International and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. Contributions should be mailed to: Dean Meyers Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 633, Douglassville, Pa. 19518.
* A fund to help the family of Conrad Johnson. Contributions should be sent to: Local 1994 Conrad Johnson Fund, 108 Old Towne Ave. Suite 13, Gaithersburg, Md. 20877.
* National Capital Area Healing Fund, c/o United Way, 95 M St. SW, Washington, D.C. 20024. Donations also can be made through the Web site www.unitedwaynca.org or SunTrust Bank branches in the Washington area.
* The Victims' Rights Foundation, Attention: Sniper Victims' Fund, 814 W. Diamond Ave., Suite 200, Gaithersburg, Md. 20878.