A Fairfax construction company faces debarment from federal contract work for allegedly not reporting personal data required under equal employment opportunity laws.

The Labor Department issued an administrative complaint last week against Blatz Construction Co., which is no longer in business; Cornwell Construction Corp., a new company; and William and Bruce Blatz, officers of the two companies.

The complaint is the first of its type in the Washington area, although about 25 have been issued nationwide in the past 18 months, according to a Labor Department spokesman.

The complaint concerns a $1 million contract Blatz Construction received in 1975 to build a 50-man barracks at Fort Belvoir.

The Labor Department charged that Blatz's "man-power utilization" forms were incomplete, according to William Blatz, who was executive vice president of Blatz Construction and is now president of Cornwell Construction.

The company filled out the forms "when we could," Blatz said, but the failure of several subcontracing firms made it difficult to complete the forms.

Blatz said the subcontractors filled out the forms for their employes and then gave the forms to Blatz, who passed them on to the government. Some subcontractors, however, went out of business and disappeared with completing the forms, he said.

Blatz said his company had "no problem" hiring minorities and at times had 75 per cent minority employes.

The failure of one big subcontractor, Stanvick Corp., cost Blatz Construction nearly $350,000, Blatz said and forced the dissolution of his company on June 1, 1977.

Cornwell Construction, where Blatz and his brother Burce now work, was formed on March 10, 1977, and lists the same address and phone number as Blatz Construction.

Blatz said the two companies have nothing to do with each other, but the Labor Department said Cornwell is "legally a successor corporation and therefore liable for any federal violations committed by Blatz Construction."