Randall H. Hagner & Co. Inc., which has occupied the same location at 1321 Connecticut Ave. NW since 1925, is marking its 75th anniversary this year.
Founded in 1904 by Randall H. Hagner, the firm now is headed by Randall Hagner Jr.. Since 1925, it has been associated as a mortgage loan correspondent with New York Life Insurance Co.. its principal interest in recent years has been mortgage banking property managment, insurance and residential and commercial sales.
Hagner, whose roots in Washington go back to the 18th century, said his firm:
Placed the first FHA-insured multi-family loan -- in the 1930s -- on the Colonial Village apartments in Arlington.
Handled the original financing of the Westchester co-operative apartments in Northwest.
Recently committed $8.8 million in financing on an office building at 1902 N St. NW.
Residential sales handled by the Hagner firm over the years included President Woodrow Wilson's house at 2340 St. NW; the hillwood estate on Linnean Avenue NW to the late Marjorie Post; the Old Farm subdivision land in Montgomery County to Kettler Brothers Inc., and land on Nebraska Avenue NW for the National Presbyterian Church and Center. o
The firm also manages the Ordway-Porter garden apartments, recently purchased by the tenants.
Accounts of the firm's separate insurance agency include L'Enfant Plaza and all of the Oliver T. Carr Co. properties.
In addition to Hagner, the officers of the firm are Edgar Denton Williams III, executive vice president; C. Arthur Slater Jr. and John A. Sargent, vice presidents, and William G. Angel Jr., secretary-treasurer.