Work has begun on the second of four buildings that will make up the LakeFront Center complex in Columbia. The owners are three tenants and Medical Staffing Services of America Inc., which plans to open a national corporate office in Columbia. The three-story building was designed by Land Design/Research and has an atrium. J. H. Williams of Baltimore is the general contractor.
The law firm of Ashcraft & Gerel has leased 29,361 square feet at 2000 L St. NW and plans to move there in September. Walker & Dunlop represented the tenant in the $5 million transaction and Braedon Companies represented the building owner.
Century 21/F. L. Jenkins Realtor recently moved from Clinton to Branch Avenue near the Beltway in Camp Springs.
Cardinal Associates Inc., a real estate firm in McLean, has joined the Confederation of Internation Real Estate.
Long & Foster Realtors reported that agent Helen Landseadel sold 10 Northern Virginia houses for a total of more than $1 million in March.
The Annapolis firm of Robert G. Hammond Associates has won an award of merit in the 1980 "homes for better living" design competition sponsored by the American Institute of Architects and Housing magazine. The firm was cited for town house designs in the Eastport section of Annapolis.
The Northern Virginia Board of Realtors recently honored 774 real estate brokers and agents for outstanding achievements in 1979.
Hal Magruder, developer of the Spring Ridge Farm residential community available to purchasers of his homes for gardens. Another part of the site will be used for a baseball field for Spring Ridge residents.
J.C. Associates has purchased the National Union Building at 918 F. St. NW from 918 F Street Joint Venture, Greenhoot Inc. reported. The new owner has remodeled and leased the building.
The 1730 Investment Co. sold a commercial town house at 1607 New Hampshire Ave. NW for $1.1 million to 1607 Limited Partnership, Barnes, Morris & Pardoe Inc. reported.
Carol Paris Brown has been appointed vice president of corporate services of Hugh T. Peck Properties Inc.