Here are organizations that assist tenants and landlords in Maryland with housing problems:

Prince George's County Landlord-Tenant Commission: Room 1091, County Administration Building, Upper Marlboro, 952-3200. Available to landlords and tenants when written notice of grievances has failed to produce results within a reasonable time.

Montgomery County Landlord-Tenant Affairs Office: 8701 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, 251-2577. Available to landlords and tenants within the Montgomery County municipality.

Prince George's County Human Relations Commission: County Administration Building, Room 1136, Upper Marlboro, 952-3070. Gives aid to prospective tenants who have been targets of "steering" or some other discriminatory action by a landlord or rental agent when looking for housing.

Montgomery County Human Relations Commission: 6400 Democracy Blvd., Bethesda, 468-4260. Available to Montogomery County residents. Serves the same purpose as Prince George's County Human Relations Commission.

MPIRG -- Maryland Public Interest Research Group: University of Maryland, College Park, 457-5601. Trouble-shooting referral service for tenants with complaints about landlords. University of Maryland student-funded.

Prince George's Office of Citizen Services: Department of Licenses and Permits, County Services Building, 5012 Rhode Island Ave., Hyattsville, 699-2800. For Prince George's County tenants with complaints about alleged housing code violations.

Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Housing: 6110 Executive Blvd., Rockville, 468-4089. For tenants citing housing code violations in Montgomery County.

Gaithersburg Landlord-Tenant Office: Available to tenants in Gaithersburg who live outside the Montgomery County municipality. This office serves the same purpose as the countywide landlord-tenant office.

Prince George's County Bar Association Lawyer Referral: 5012 Rhode Island Ave., Hyattsville, 277-1180. This service helps out those tenants who do not qualify for free legal aid. Indigent residents of the county may call 779-4523 for legal assistance.