Don King announced yesterday he has suspended three boxing consultants associated with his promotion firm.

The interests of Don King Productions, Inc., would best be served, King said, "by a suspension to their suspension of their activities as boxing consultants for the corporation."

The suspension of Al Braverman, Paddy Flood and Gordon Peterson was one of several developments yesterday in connection with ABC's suspension of the King-promoted U.S. Boxing Championships pending an independent investigation into allegations of scandal.

In the first controversy connected with the tournament, Scott LeDoux said after being decisioned by Johnny Boudreaux at Annapolis on Feb. 13 that associates of King controlled most of the boxers and that because the tournament committee also engaged the ring officials they (the officials) were biased against him.

Braverman said at the time that he had been asked in 1975 by LeDoux to represent him for 10 per cent of his purses, which Braverman did in bouts against George Foreman, Dino Dennis and Bourdreaux.

A spokesman for Don King Productions said yesterday Flood had represented Boudreaux in the bout at the U.S. Naval Academy.

Thus two consultants operating out of King's New York City office were representing different boxers in the same bout. A call to Flood yesterday brought the response that Flood "no longer has his office here."

A new telephone number was offered, but there was no answer.

The spokesman for King, Irving Rudd, also confirmed that James A. Farley Jr., chairman of the tournament committee, has been paid hotel and plans expenses, but nothing else.

Farley is chairman of the New York State Athletic Commission.

Farley previously said he saw no inconsistency in working with the commercial promotion because he was mainly interested in trying to help the port, particularly the higher weight divisions, to get exposure on television and thus increase interest.

ABC has begun offering evidence to federal grand jury in Baltimore, as well as to Farley. Saturday, when it suspended the bouts, ABC said it was going to conduct its own investigation.

Boxers were supposed to become eligible for the tournament wholly on the basis of being ranked by Ring magazine. Since, some ranked fighters have said they were not accepted, while others told of paying fees to intermediaries to be entered.

Then ABC announced that some of the participants records were rigged so they would be ranked.

Nat Loubet and John Ort of Ring magazine removed themselves from the tournament committee last week pending an investigation.

Loubet, publisher of Ring magazine and a record book, divulged the names of four fighters who he said had false records and were still in the tournmanet when it was suspended.

They are featherweight Richard Rezelle of Detroit, Lightweight Doug Coverson of Seattle, light-heavyweight Vennll Johnson of Indianapolis and welterweight Flody Mayweather in Cleveland. All are managed by Henry Grooms of Detroit. Loubet said Grooms sent a letter to Farley on Friday admitting he provided the magazine with the inaccurate records, and apologized.

King was quoted by United Press International as saying, "I categorically deny any previous personal knowledge of, nor did I participate in any wrongful acts. Neither did I share or receive any revenues not rightfully due me. No kickbacks or illegal or tainted payoff of any kind was made to Don King at any time.

"For input and knowledge, I have depended on consultants and my staff. If I and the boxing public have been victimized, let the punishment be unyieldingly severe."