Reprinted from yesterday's late editions.

The Philadelphia Flyers ran out of overtime miracles on the playoff road tonight, and found themselves on the brink of elimination from Stanley Sup competition.

The Boston Bruins rallied from an early 1-0 deficit on goals by Peter McNab and Mike Milbury and defeated the Flyers, 2-1, before 14,597 at Boston Garden.

The Bruins took a commanding 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven National Hockey League semifinal series. They can win it all here Sunday.

Said the Bruins' Terry O'Reilly, "I kind of like our position right now." He helped get them there with his second-game heroics and he further endeared himself to the Bruin faithful tonight.

O'Reilly made a marvelous run down the ice, throwing a perfect pass onto the stick of Milbury and watching in ecstasy as the Bruin defenseman tipped the puck in over Flyer goalie Wayne Stephenson for the winning goal.

The score came at 7:51 of the final period, and averted a third straight overtime between the teams.

The Bruins knew that the Flyers had been down two games to none against Toronto before winning two overtime games, away, and taking that series, 4-2.

"No way we wanted to give them that kind of chance again," said O'Reilly, who won Tuesday night's game with a goal at 30:07 of overtime.

O'Reilly made tonight's game-winning play upon taking a pass from Jean Ratelle near his blue line. He streaked down the left side with Moose Dupont of the Flyers on his tail.

"As soon as I saw Terry go, I skated as fast as I could to stay with him," said Milbury, who skated down the middle. "I just tried to get into position."

Flyer defenseman Rick Lapointe was all over Milbury, and the pass was slightly behind him.

"I was just trying to get my stick on it," Milbury said. "It was one of those kind of shots you take a swipe and hope for the best. As I brought the stick up, the puck must have hit something because it went in end-over-end over his (Stephenson's) shoulder.

"I was surprised it went up, and more surprised it went in."

The Bruins continued forechecking and kept the Flyers bottled up in their end.

The Flyers pulled Stephenson with 1:16 to play and loaded up with high-scoring forwards Rick MacLeish, Reggie Leach, Bill Barber and center Bobby Clarke in an effort to tie.

But the Flyers made only one serious threat. Defenseman Bob Dailey fired a backhand through a crowd, but Boston goalie Gerry Cheevers kicked it aside on one of the best saves of the night.

Don Marcotte of the Bruins missed the open net a few seconds later.

The Flyers got only 15 shots on Cheevers, including Dailey's short blast from the right side on a power play to open the scoring at 8:54 of the first period.

McNab, son of Capitals general manager Max McNab, stuffed a rebound to tie the game at 12:07 of the second period. Before McNab's goal, Cheevers kept his team in the game with two exciting saves on breakways by Barber and Clarke in a second period that saw the Bruins outshoot the Flyers, 16-5.