Redskin wide receiver Charley Taylor, who suffered a dislocated shoulder in last year's exhibition opener against Atlanta that sidelined him for the entire season, expects to play for Washington three more years.

"I feel great," said Taylor, center of attention at all Almas Temple Shrine luncheon yesterday to help the Shriners initiate sponsorship of the Redskins first home exhibition of the 1977 season against Kansas City Aug. 18. "I'm ready to play. I think I'll play for three more years," he said.

"I'm taking it slow and easy, but I think everything will work out," continued Taylor, who will turn 35 in September and begin his 14th year in the NFL. "I know what I can do, what I feel. I still get excited. The only thing left for Charley Taylor is to win a Super Bowl for the Redskins . . . and myself."

Taylor, the NFL's leading all time receiver with 635 receptions, is confident of making a strong return. He said it would be a "mistake" not to play in preseason games but added that he felt head coach George Allen "won't go with me too fast."

"I'm going to take it slow," said Taylor. "I don't want to go too fast."

Taylor said he hopes to be in good condition by the fourth exhibition game and to be able to "turn it loose" by the sixth and final one Sept. 9, against the New York Jets at RFK.

"I think that if I get a fast start (in the regular season) it will carry me through the season," Taylor said. "But a slow start will not deter me."

Taylor has been in the Washington area during the off-season and has visited Redskins Park only occasionally for treatment. Mostly, he has been rehabilitating himself at his home at his own pace.

"The shoulder feels good," said Taylor. "I think the place where it was fractured is actually stronger."

Taylor. "I think the place where it was fractured is actually stronger."

Taylor, said last season was the "hardest year in my career. I never had faced a year like that before and I hope I never do again. I felt like a guy who had been forced into retirement.

"It was a real experience for me," continued Taylor, shaking his head. "I devoted my life to this game and for the first time I wasn't able to participate. I felt a part of the team but I wasn't able to contribute on the field.

"It was frustrating (at times) to the point that I couldnt sit and watch them. I had to walk around the stadium an get a Coke."

Taylor did some scouting last year but probably aided the team more by helping players cope with personal problems.

"I was sort of like the cooling-down man," said Taylor. "I tried to let the guys know how fortunate they were to be there."

Last year's layoff gave Taylor the opportunity to ponder his future after football.

"I plan to get into broadcasting," said Taylor. "I'd love to do that. I need more training and a little more hard work, but I feel at ease with it."