Tony Dorsett's one-yard touchdown dive with 10:08 to play won the Dallas Cowboys a 14-7 struggle over the Redskins yesterday at RFK Stadium.

On a day when Washington placed kicker Mark Moseley missed field goals from 41, 40 and 43 yards, the Cowboys rallied from a 7-0 halftime deficit to hand the Redskins their fifth loss in 11 games and damage their playoff hopes.

For the first time since George Allen began coaching the Redskins in 1971, the Cowboys won both regular-season meetings between the teams. They tacked this one onto their 34-16 Texas Stadium mastery with a lot of help from an unusual ally: the Redskins.

Both Dallas touchdown drives were aided by Redskins penalties on the kicking game - an illegal man downfield on one punt and an offside call on another. Both times, Redskin line-backer Pete Wysocki was called for the infraction.

The Redskins' only score came on Jow Theismann's one-yard quarterback sneak. Staubach passed four yards to Golden Richards for a third-period touchdown that tied the game.

The Cowboys wasted little time before picking on their primary victim of the first meeting of the teams, cornerback Gerard Williams. Staubach completed a 67-yard bomb to Drew Pearson on the third play of the game.

Pearson caught the ball at the Redskin 35 and Williams finally caught up to knock him out of bounds at the one, a move that paid off handsomely for Washington on the Cowboys'next play.

On first and goal, Dallas fullback Robert Newhouse took a handoff toward the right side of the Redskin defense. Linebacker Mike Curtis knocked the ball loose with his helmet and tackle Diron Talbert recovered for Washington at the four.

The Redskins pushed out to the 22-yard line in five plays, but could not pick up a second first down and were forced to punt.

Later in the first quarter, the Redskins took over at their 30 and Calvin Hill pushed them into Cowboy country with a 34-yard gallop around left end. The play, on third and six, gave the Redskins first down at the Dallas 32.

Hill's big-gainer was the longest run of the 1977 season for Washington.

A 16-yard pass from Theismann to Frank Grant on third and eight kept the drive alive and gave the Redskins first down at the Dallas 14.

Two Theismann passes were incomplete, and on third down he hit Danny Buggs for an apparent score.But officials called Buggs for offensive pass interference and the Redskins were penaltized 10 yards, back to the 24.

Theismann was rushed into throwing his third pass away, and Moseley came on to attempt a 41-yard field goal. The kick was wide to the right.

The Redskins got the ball right back two plays later when a scrambling Staubach tried to hit tight end Billy Joe DuPree with a pass. Safety Ken Houston stepped up and intercepted, returning four yards. Houston fumbled, but the loose ball was covered by Redskin defensive end Dennis Johnson at the Cowboy 29.

The Redskins failed to pick up a first down, and Moseley came on again. This time his 40-yard attempt went wide right, and the Cowboys took over at their 23. The first period ended scoreless.

The Redskins finally untracked themselves offensively midway through the second period after they were seemingly pinned deep in their own territory by a Danny White coffin-corner kick that went out of bounds at the six-yard line.

The Redskins, uplifted by a 45-yard pass completion from Theismann to tight end Jean Fugett, drove 94 yards in 12 plays to a touchdown. Theismann scored on a one-yard sneak over right tackle.

Theismann completed three passes on the drive for 67 yards, and gained 16 yards on three runs.

His heave to Fugett came on second and 11 from his 45. Fugett, working against a Dallas defense with six defensive backs, maneuvered loose deep, Beating Charlie Waters and Randy Hughes to the well-placed pass before being dragged down by Hughes at the Cowboy 11.

On first down, Theismann took off down the middle and tried to slide, feet first, into the Cowboy end zone. He fell a foot short, but made up for it on the next play when he sneaked over for the touchdown.

Moseley's extra point gave the Redskins a 7-0 lead with 2:36 left in the half. The TD drive consumed 6 minutes 2 seconds.

The Cowboys drove from their 20 to a first down at the Washington 45 with 82 seconds left, but Staubach couldn't connect on three straight passes and White punted 46 yards into the end zone.

The Redskins took over at their 20 and Theismann got them into Dallas territory with a 27-yard pass to Buggs. The Redskins could get not closer than the Cowboy 46, however, and settled for a seven-point lead at the half.

The Redskins dominated the first half statistically, with an 11-6 edge in first downs and 207 yards total offense to the Cowboys' 135. And 67 of those Cowboy yards came on the Staubach-to Pearson bomb.

Theismann completed seven of his 15 first-half passes for 124 yards, and gained 31 yards rushing in five attempts. Staubach was six for 16 through the air for 94 yards.

The Cowboys got an important break on the Redskins' first punt of the second half.Mike Bragg's kick was downed by Dallas' Butch Johnson at the Cowboy 13, but Washington linebacker Pete Wysocki was called for being illegally downfield and Bragg had to kick again.

This time his punt traveled only 10 yards, going out of bounds at the Cowboy 41. The Dallas offense wasted no time taking advantage of this excellent position.

Staubach aimed the attack at Gerard Williams again, and when the beleaguered Redskin cornerback was called for holding Johnson on a deep pass pattern, the Redskins were penalized 19 yards and Dallas had first down at the Washington 17.

Four plays later, Staubach threw a four-yard touchdown pass to Golden Richards, and the Cowboys tied the game at 7-all on Efren Herrera's extra point with 7:43 left in the third period.

The Cowboy drive covered 59 yards in eight plays and consumed 4 minutes 25 seconds.

The Cowboys nearly trapped Theismann for a safety when Harvey Martin grabbed the quarterback just before Theismann threw the ball away. Theismann was called for intentional grounding and the Redskins were forced to punt from deep in their end zone late in the third quarter.

The Cowboys started on their own 45, after a 47-yard Bragg kick and a clipping call against Cliff Harris.

The Redskins forced a Cowboy punt on fourth and four at the Washington 49, but Pete Wysocki was called for jumping offside and Dallas had new life - a vital first down at the Washington 44.

On third and five, Staubach evaded a blitzing Brad Dusek and fired a 16-yard completion to tight end Jay Saldi at the 23.

Five plays later, on third and two at the three, Dorsett was stopped a foot short of a first down. Dallas coach Tom Landry first sent Herrera onto the field, but after a Cowboy time-out, he elected to go for the first down instead of a chip-shot field goal. The move succeeded as Staubach gained a yard on a quarterback sneak.

On the next play, Dorsett dove over the right side of the line and scored from one yard out. Herrera's extra point gave the Cowboys a 14-7 lead with 10:08 to play.

Eddie Brown returned the kickoff 34 yards to the Redskin 42 and the home team started off with decent field position.

Passes of 15 yards and then 13 to Frank Grant gave Washington a first down at the Cowboy 26. But the Redskins got no closer, and Moseley missed his third field goal, a 43-yard attempt. Once again the ball was wide right.

The Cowboys took over at their 26 with 6:07 left. They drove to the Redskin 40-yard line before Karl Lorch sacked Staubach for a six-yard loss and forced a punt with two minutes left.

White's 43-yard punt and Brown's 12-yard return started the Redskins at their 15 with 1:47 to go.

The Redskins managed a hurry-up drive to an eventual first down at the Cowboy 43, but Mel Renfro intercepted Theismann's pass intended for Buggs near the 20 on the last play of the game.