Larry Wright came off the Washington Bullet bench to score 16 second-half points and get the Bullets running tonight.

The result was a 117-105 victory over the Golden State Warriors.

Wright didn't play in the first half, but played the entire second half and turned in an outstanding all-around performance, both offensively and defensively.

Elvin Hayes scored eight points in the final four minutes and finished with 19.

Bob Dandridge led the Bullets with 20 points, Jim Cleamons had 18 and Roger Phegley 16, as the Bullets won their second game in a row.

The Bullets will conclude this four-games-in-five-nights western trip Saturday night in Salt Lake City against Adrian Dantley and the Utah Jazz.

The Warriors have been struggling this season. Going into tonight's game they had lost 21 of their last 27 and are deep in the Pacific Division cellar.

Sonny Parker scored 10 first-quarter points to give the Warriors a 33-28 lead.

Greg Ballard had eight first-quarter points for the Bullets.

The Warriors shot 67 percent from the field in the first quarter.

Three straight free throws by John Lucas gave the Warriors a 15-10 lead. The Bullets took a 21-19 lead later in the period, though, after an 18-foot turnaround jumper by Hayes. The lead changed three more times in the quarter before the Warriors went ahead to stay on a jump shot by Robert Parish with 3:15 left.

Two free throws by Parker and a fast-break basket by Wayne Cooper got the Golden State lead back to five points, 31-26, late in the period.

Jim Cleamons opened the second period with two free throws and after a Golden State turnover, Phegley made a 17-foot jumper as the Bullets cut the lead to one, 33-32.

The Warriors ran off nine straight points, however, to go on top, 42-32, with 7:43 left in the half.

Cooper had four points in the spurt but the big man was Lucas who came up with two steals, turning them into three points. He twice stole the ball from Kevin Porter.

Mitch Kupchak ended the Bullet drought with a free throw and Bob Dandridge canned two 20-foot jumpers to get the Bullets back in the game.

A Dandridge 10-footer cut the lead to 44-41 with five minutes left in the half. But the Warriors kept the pressure on and three minutes later, an 18-footer by Ray Townsend, two free throws by Lucas and a fast-break basket by Parker, after he stole a pass from Phegley, got the Warrior lead back to 10, 54-44.

The home team led by eight, 58-50, at the break.

The Warriors shot 60 percent in the first half and got 12 points each from Parker and Parish.

The Bullets were led by Hayes' nine first-half points.

Kevin Grevey scored six first-quarter points before having to leave the game with an upset stomach. Grevey had become ill earlier in the day, but felt good enough to try and play.

Parker and Lucas each had three steals in the first half.

Lucas opened the third period with a 15-footer, but the Bullets came back with six straight points, two by Wes Unseld, two by Cleamons and two by Wright, who started the quarter in Grevey's spot.

A three-point play by Unseld on a fast break, two free throws by Hayes and back-to-back fast-break baskets by Wright gave the Bullets a 66-64 lead five minutes into the quarter.

While the Bullets were scoring those eight straight, the Warriors were missing seven straight shots.

With the speedy Wright in the game the Bullets got their fast break moving.

Wright and Cleamons combined for 21 third-quarter points, 11 by Cleamons and 10 by Wright and the Bullets took an 84-80 lead into the final quarter.

Cooper scored early in the period, but the Bullets came back with three straight fast-break baskets, two by Dandridge and one by Phegley, to take a 90-82 lead with 10 minutes left.