Chris Evert Lloyd took just more than an hour yesterday afternoon to topple Regina Marsikova 6-3, 6-0, to set up yet another showdown with nemesis Tracy Austin at Capital Centre tonight, a rematch forced by Evonne Goolagon Cawley's withdrawal from the tournament.

Goolagong's default in the $250,000 Colgate Series Championship came after X-rays showed she had sprained the last two fingers of her right hand in a fall during her match against Martina Navratilova Thursday night. Navratilova won, 6-3, 6-2.

Dr. Carl C. MacCartee, who examined Goolagong yesterday, said that her fingers had stiffened despite heat treatments and that the Australian star was unable to grasp the racket.

Goolagong had been scheduled to play last night against Wendy Turnbull, who now moves into the semifinals against Navratilova tonight. The Evert Lloyd-Austin rematch and the Turnbull-Navratilova pairing were determined by a coin flip since both Evert Lloyd and Turnbull had played Austin in the round-robin portion of this tournament. The order of play is to be announced later.

To fill in for the canceled Goolagon-Turnbull match, tournament directors set a special eight-game pro-set exhibition between Billie Jean King and Dianne Fromholtz. The doubles playoff for third place, in a 10-game pro-set match, was to follow between Ilana Kloss-Betty Ann Stuart and Betty Stove-Turnbull.

In the championship doubles match last night, King teamed with Navratilova for a 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evert Lloyd and Rose Casals.

Austin, who beat the error-prone Evert Lloyd, 6-1, 6-3, Thursday night, was practicing minutes after Goolagon's default was announced.

"I anticipated the shots today and that's mainly been my problem," Evert Lloyd said after dispatching her Czech opponent. "Today I felt like I guessed almost every one right. It's instinctive. Some players can guess."

Getting more matches under her belt, Evert Lloyd said, made her feel more comfortable. "I was glad I had to play today because I needed the matches," she said. "I'm trying to work so I feel a little more comfortable on the court and with the game."

Although she breezed through the first six games in the second set, there were moments in the first set as slippery as the roads outside.

She went to deuce four times in the third game, having the advantage four times, until Marsikova won the game with a backhand line drive Evert Lloyd could not reach on the tricky Sporteze surface.

Ahead, 3-2, going into the sixth game, Evert Lloyd had to play catchup, going to deuce three times, but she handed the game to Marsikova with a faulty attempt to tip the ball over the net.

From then on, with the battle lines drawn 3-3 in the set, Evert Lloyd fought back tenaciously.

"I had to play positive tennis and not tentative tennis. I had to come in on her backhand. It's a matter of attitude," she said. "After the first couple of games it was a matter of fighting, bearing down and concentrating on the big points.

"I started off slow, afraid to make errors. Sometimes it takes errors to get you into the groove, though . . . I try to avoid feeling nervous on the big points, and to play loosely. In the past, that's when I've played my best tennis."