The player in a picture of a Georgetown University football game was incorrectly identified in Sunday's editions. The player pictured is Rick Corcoran, not Jim Corcoran, as the caption reported. Jim did return a punt 67 yards, as the caption stated, but the play pictured was a running play by Rick, not a punt return by Jim, no relation.

Jim Corcoran did everything but control the weather Saturday at Georgetown celebrated homecoming with a 23-6 victory over St. Peter's before 3,025 at Kehoe Field.

Ignoring the stiff wind and wet field, Corcoran returned a punt 67 yards for a touchdown, kicked three field goals and two extra points and intercepted a pass. The junior defensive back from Potomac now has seven interceptions, best in NCAA Division III.

"I don't want to sound too corny, but Jimmy Corcoran is the heart and soul of this team," said Georgetown Coach Scotty Glacken, whose Hoyas are now 4-1. "He works harder than anyone in practice and the results on Saturday come from that attitude."

Corcoran, who graduated from Georgetown Prep and hopes to play professional football, already has mastered the art of modesty. He creditedd his third-quarter punt return to "a lot of good blocks.

"Eddie Trujillo (stationed next to Corcoran on punt returns) threw a good block to spring me. Anyone else could have run in after that."

Corcoran weaved his way upfield virtually untouched. His touchdown and conversion kick gave the Hoyas a 13-0 lead with 12:05 left in the third quarter.

Earlier, Corcoran field goals of 21 and 23 yards had put the Hoyas ahead, 6-0 at halftime. After Corcoran's punt return, Georgetown padded its lead on Corcoran's 30-yard field goal and John Federico's 10-yard touchdown run two palys after Alex Poulos had intercepted a pass from St. Peter's quarterback Jim Kiley.

Federico, a junior fullback from Buffalo, gained 73 yards on 20 carries and became the seventh Hoya in history to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a career.

St. Peter's (2-3-1) marched 80 yards late in the fourth quarter to avoid a shutout. The touchdown came on a nine-yard pass from Jeff Cross to Keith Bethea with 30 seconds left to play.

Glacken said his players might have learned from last week's 35-3 defeat inflicted by then-winless John Hopkins.

"We didn't get up for that game," Glacken said." I think we had our eyes opened last week and I think that helped us win this football game."

The Hoyas next opponent is city rival Catholic University on Saturday. "Our season starts next week," Glacken said.