Terry Bradshaw threw a tie-breaking six-yard touchdown pass to John Stallworth with 3:41 left to play to give the Pittsburgh Steelers a 26-13 victory over the Houston Oilers tonight and a share of first place in the AFC Central Division.

The Cincinnati Bengals are tied with the Steelers at 5-3.

The Oilers, who had tied the game, 13-13, by scoring 10 points in the fourth quarter, fell to 4-4. They are tied with Cleveland for second place in the division.

Although minus injured defensive regulars Joe Greene, L.C. Greenwood and Don Shell, the Steelers limited Earl Campbell to 56 yards on 23 carries. Campbell also lost two fumbles in Steeler territory.

The game ended a streak of eight Monday night victories by Houston. It also ended a streak of four Pittsburgh Monday night losses.

Bradshaw passed for 208 yards; before the first quarter had ended, he had sufficient yardage to make him the 17th player in NFL history to pass for 25,000 yards.

Trailing, 13-10, midway in the final quarter, the Oilers used a 31-yard fake-punt pass from Cliff Parsley to Adger Armstrong to sustain a drive that ended with Tony Fritsch's 44-yard field goal with 5:53 to play.

Earlier in the fourth quarter, Oiler quarterback Ken Stabler had combined with tight end Dave Casper on a 52-yard touchdown pass play. Casper caught the pass at the Pittsburgh 35 and broke tackles by Jack Ham and Jack Lambert to cut the Pittsburgh lead to 13-10.

After Fritsch's game-tying field goal, Steeler fullback Franco Harris made a 35-yard run, and an out-of-bounds hit by Oiler linebacker Ted Washington drew a 15-yard penalty that moved Pittsburgh to the Houston 19.

With 3:59 remaining, Bradshaw threw an apparent 14-yard touchdown pass to Jim Smith, who had caught a 46-yard touchdown pass in the first period. But the play was nullified by offsetting penalties.

On the next play, Bradshaw scrambled eight yards to the Houston six. He passed to Stallworth between a pair of defenders on the next play for the winning score.

Dave Trout, who kicked two first-half field goals for Pittsburgh, missed the extra point after Stallworth's score.