Georgetown, anxious to atone for its unspectacular first three games this season, soothed a bit of its wounded pride last night, blasting Morgan State, 81-53, in the Hoyas' home debut before 3,500 at McDonough Arena.

Dominant in every phase of the game, Georgetown, which lost two of the three games it played in last week's Great Alaska Shootout, had no problem with the Bears from Baltimore and evened its record at 2-2. The Hoya freshmen led the scoring parade, Pat Ewing and Anthony Jones getting 21 points each and Bill Martin 15.

Guard Eric Floyd scored only two points and did not play the second half because of a slight hip pointer. Coach John Thompson said the injury was not serious and that Floyd would play Saturday against San Diego State at Capital Centre.

"This was a good game for us in that I could get my freshmen some playing time," said Thompson. "We still have a long way to go. I thought, defensively, we're still not reacting to the ball as well as we should. That's what we emphasized tonight, defense. The offense will come."

Unfortunately for Morgan State (1-4), it happened to be the first team the Hoyas played after their embarrassments in Alaska. And, perhaps a bit awed by playing a team awarded so much preseason publicity, the Division II Bears obviously were tight at the start of the contest. They missed their first 13 shots while committing five turnovers.

Georgetown came out with a full-court press, and held the Bears scoreless for the first 5 1/2 minutes and without a field goal for nearly 10 minutes.

The 7-foot Ewing scored the Hoyas' first six points and blocked two shots to further intimidate the Bears, whose tallest man was 6-7.

Georgetown led, 12-2, before Morgan State's Ed Stevens sank a 15-footer with 10:41 on the clock. The Hoyas ran off the next 12 points for a 24-4 advantage with 7:15 left in the first half. Bill Martin started that streak with a layup and Ewing capped it with a slam dunk off a lob pass from Floyd.

Some sloppy play by the Hoyas allowed Morgan State to close to 27-14, but that was as near as the Bears would get. David Blue and Freddie Brown then scored and the Hoyas led, 31-16, at intermission.

Jones, mostly on tricky layups, and Ewing did most of the scoring in the second half, when the Hoyas led by as many as 25 points.

Georgetown, with Ewing getting seven, controlled the rebounds, 43-31. Ewing also made seven of his eight shots, although six of them were dunks.

"I think we were a little intimidated early and it took us awhile to get in the game," said Morgan State Coach Billy Newton. "One problem we've had is lack of size. I thought we played pretty good in the second half. Overall, a game like that has to help us, I think."