Landon scored on its first two shots of the game to defeat Bullis, 2-0, and win the Interstate Athletic Conference soccer tournament yesterday at Episcopal.

The Bears (15-2), who also won the regular-season championship, took a 1-0 lead at 2:28 when senior forward Matt Carberry took a pass from Steve Gunther, cut through two defenders and scored his 16th goal of the year.

Twenty minutes later, Landon made it 2-0 as left wing Khuluma Zulu chipped a left-side cross into the box, where freshman Rob Lamkin controlled the ball with his head and cut through the defense. His 10-yard shot beat goalie Joby Bishop to the long side.

The Bulldogs (4-10-2), who finished last in the regular season, outshot Landon, 6-4, in the first half. Bullis threatened at 10:00 when Tom Donnelly broke down the right wing, but goalie George Hani (five saves) stopped his bouncing shot. Bullis forwards Luis Jarimallo and George Brody worked a give-and-go play 15 minutes later, but Hani made a diving save of Jarimallo's 20-yard shot.

The Bears nearly made it 3-0 at 30:00 as Zulu used his speed to chase down a loose ball in the left corner and send a low cross into the box. But Laurence Cacho's header from 20-feet was stopped by Bishop, who had seven saves.

The bigger, quicker Bears used a strong defense to frustrate Bullis in the second half. Landon's front line pulled back behind midfield and limited Bullis to three shots on goal.

Zulu almost scored in the 50th minute as his shot from the left corner slid past Bishop into the goalmouth. But defender John Savukinas filled the crease and cleared the ball.

In the Potomac Valley Athletic Conference's tournament final, Robbie Fettus scored two second-half goals to rally host Queen Anne past St. Andrew's, 3-2.

Trailing, 2-0, at the half, Queen Anne (10-2) closed within one as Todd King scored off a pass from Geoff Haskell. Fettus, who finished as the area's top scorer with 42 goals, tied the game at 36:14 off a pass from Roy Edeschein.

Fettus scored made the game-winner two minutes later when he stole a clearing pass and broke through the defense.

St. Andrew's (11-1), which had defeated Queen Anne to win the regular season title, took a 1-0 lead when midfielder Lance Freeman scored off a free kick. Steve Bensinger scored the second goal off a corner kick.

In the consolation game, Model defeated Jewish Day, 3-2, on penalty kicks.