The Washington Bullets ran out of momentum in the second half tonight and the Golden State Warriors, playing without two of their top players, broke the visitors' four-game winning streak with a 111-93 victory at the Oakland Coliseum-Arena.

The Bullets had won six of their last seven games, but all had been at Capital Centre. The loss was their ninth straight on the road.

The Warriors had lost three in a row, but they won with little effort. They were quicker and used full-court defensive pressure that bothered the Bullets considerably for most of the game.

The Warriors had a 13-point lead going into the final quarter. They quickly outscored the Bullets, 8-2, as rookie guard Lester Conner had four points, two assists and two steals in that spurt, which put the game out of reach.

Joe Barry Carroll had 26 points and Lewis Lloyd 21 for the winners. Greg Ballard had 18 and Jeff Ruland 16 for the Bullets (24-26), who lost their chance to get to .500.

"We were one step behind the whole night," said Ballard. "They just outhustled us." The Warriors forced 22 turnovers, which led to 32 points.

"They played a tough, tight defense," said Carlos Terry. "They didn't really press us that much. But they had constant containment."

Bullets Coach Gene Shue said Golden State's aggressiveness was a key. "That, and the fact that we couldn't stop Lloyd or Carroll, really hurt us. We could never get any offense going."

This was the first of six games on the road for the Bullets. They next play Friday at Seattle.

Guard Frank Johnson didn't play tonight because of a jammed toe on his right foot, sustained when he took a fall in the Bullets' last game. He warmed up before the game but said it was too painful. A decision was made to rest him, with the hope that he would be ready to play at Seattle. Don Collins started in his place.

Earlier, the Warriors dealt forward-center Rickey Brown to Atlanta for a 1984 second-round draft choice and cash. Golden State also was without starting forward Purvis Short and leading rebounder Larry Smith. Short has a sprained right ankle and Smith a bruised right elbow.

After taking a 2-0 lead, the Bullets missed seven of their next eight shots and trailed, 9-4.

The Warriors made it 21-14 with three minutes left in the quarter. Carroll had 11 points, most coming on short turnaround jumpers along the base line.

Charles Davis scored the Bullets' last six points of the period and they trailed by only 25-24.

The Bullets couldn't overtake the Warriors in the second quarter, though. Back-to-back dunks by Mickey Johnson, recently acquired from New Jersey, and Lloyd quickly increased the lead to 29-24. The Bullets soon got within two on a three-point play by Ruland.

Golden State then outscored Washington, 8-2, with Johnson scoring four points, to increase the lead to eight, the biggest of the half.

Lloyd, who was on the Warriors' injured list all last season, scored 11 points in the second period, including the last four, as Golden State held a 55-48 halftime lead. He and Carroll both had 15 first-half points.

The Warriors made it a 10-point lead after a fast-break basket by Lloyd and a three-point play by Carroll. A layup by Terry and two free throws by Ricky Sobers kept the Bullets close, but Carroll's jumper and a fast-break basket by Lloyd put the Warriors ahead, 68-58, with 6:52 left in the third quarter.