Marc Wilson, filling in for injured Jim Plunkett, threw a 58-yard touchdown pass to Marcus Allen with 5:32 remaining today to break a 14-14 tie and the Los Angeles Raiders went on beat the Seattle Seahawks, 28-14.

Wilson, getting his first action of the season, completed 12 of 19 passes for 309 yards and two touchdowns.

The go-ahead touchdown came on a third-and-three play. Allen caught Wilson's pass at about the Seattle 30-yard line and ran into the end zone untouched.

Wilson said that he audibilized at the line of scrimmage on the biggest play of the game. "It was only a third and two or three and they probably figured we'd just go for the first down," he said. "That's what I wanted to do, too. But they took away the swirl pattern to (tight end) Todd Christensen and Marcus just beat his man, a linebacker, down the field."

Allen said, "Earlier in the game, I told Marc I was beating the guy, so if he got the opportunity, he should try it again. He just laid it up there when we needed it, and I got it."

The Raiders clinched the victory only 19 seconds after scoring the go-ahead touchdown when linebacker Rod Martin returned an interception of Dave Krieg's pass 14 yards for the final score of the game.

Plunkett suffered a pulled muscle in his stomach late in the first quarter. Before that, he hadn't completed a pass in four attempts and was intercepted once.

The defending Super Bowl champion Raiders are 5-1. The Seahawks are 4-2.

The Raiders broke a scoreless tie with 10:31 left in the second quarter when Allen scored from one yard away on fourth and goal.

Three plays earlier, Wilson, in the Los Angeles end zone, threw a long pass to Allen, who made a diving catch at the Seahawks' 40-yard line. Untouched at that point, Allen got up, as veteran cornerback Dave Brown stood and watched, and ran to the Seattle five-yard line where he was caught by John Harris of the Seahawks. The play, which originated at the Los Angeles three-yard line, was good for 92 yards.

The Raiders made it 14-0 only 2:35 later on a 24-yard touchdown pass from Wilson to tight end Christensen. The score came three plays after Los Angeles safety Mike Davis forced a fumble by Krieg and recovered it at Seattle's 24-yard line.

The Seahawks cut the deficit in half with 2:38 remaining before halftime on a 27-yard scoring pass from Krieg to Steve Largent, who has caught at least one pass in 97 consecutive games. It came on the first play after Greg Pruitt of the Raiders fumbled a punt and Eric Lane recovered for Seattle.

The teams played through a scoreless third quarter. Seattle's Joe Nash blocked a 30-yard field goal attempt by Chris Bahr with 5:55 to play in the period and the Seahawks then drove 71 yards in 12 plays to tie the game at 14. David Hughes scored the touchdown on a fourth-and-one play from the two with 13:57 left in the game.

Seattle's Franco Harris, the third-leading career rusher in NFL history, was held to 13 yards in nine carries, lifting his lifetime total to 12,097 yards.

The Seahawks had two opportunities to score in the first period but came up empty. On Los Angeles' third play of the game, Plunkett's pass was tipped by wide receiver Malcolm Barnwell of the Raiders and Seattle linebacker Bruce Scholtz made an interception and returned the ball 15 yards to the Los Angeles 34-yard line.

On the next play, Krieg threw a 34-yard touchdown pass to Lane, but the play was nullified by a holding penalty against Steve August. The Seahawks were eventually forced to punt.

Los Angeles couldn't move and Ray Guy's punt went only 19 yards, setting the Seahawks up at the Raiders' 41-yard line, but again the Los Angeles defense held.