David Robinson had 20 points and broke the Naval Academy's single-season scoring mark, and teammate Vernon Butler equaled his career scoring high with 28 points as the Midshipmen completed their regular season by beating Campbell, 84-63, before 906 tonight at Cumberland County Arena.

Robinson, a 6-foot-11 sophomore center, has 645 points this season, breaking John Clune's mark of 634, set in the 1953-54 season.

Navy (22-5), which became the first service school with consecutive 20-victory seasons, reached its second-highest total tonight. Last season's team finished 24-8.

Campbell finished at 5-22.

The game was tied at 8 before Navy guard Kylor Whitaker scored six straight points. The Midshipmen steadily increased their advantage and led by 40-23 at halftime.

Butler, an all-ECAC South selection along with Robinson, was 14 of 18 from the foul line and seven of 14 from the floor in equaling his previous high, Feb. 4 in a Navy victory over Fairleigh Dickinson.

Butler, from Beltsville, Md., and High Point High School, made most of his field goals on short jump shots.

Forward Andrea McGee led the Fighting Camels with 21 points. Metro Atlantic Athletic

Arnie Russell broke a tie with two free throws with 1:01 to play as Iona edged Fordham, 57-54, in East Rutherford, N.J., to capture the conference tournament title and a berth in the NCAA tournament.

The victory sends the Gaels (26-4) to their second straight NCAA tournament and fourth in seven years. Fordham (19-11) would need an at-large bid to make its first trip to the NCAA tournament since 1971.

Tony Hargraves paced Iona with 14 points. Steve Samuels led Fordham with 23. ECAC Metro

Larry Hampton scored 19 points and Fairleigh Dickinson held Loyola (Md.) scoreless over the final 2:20 to earn its first berth in the NCAA tournament with a 63-59 overtime victory in the conference tournament final at Baltimore.

Fairleigh Dickinson (21-9) trailed by eight points with 2:15 left in regulation. Hampton sent the game into overtime when he hit a jumper with 14 seconds left in regulation.

Tom Gormley led Loyola (16-14) with 17 points. East Coast

Sophomore Mike Polaha's jumper with eight seconds left in overtime gave Lehigh the conference tournament championship with a 76-74 victory over Bucknell in Towson, Md. Freshman Daren Queenan scored 31 points and had 12 rebounds for Lehigh. Polaha had 17 points.

Lehigh (12-18) receives an automatic NCAA tournament bid. The Engineers were sixth in the ECC during the regular season.

Bucknell (19-10) was the ECC regular-season champion.

Western Athletic

Maurice McDonald scored 25 points and Mike Edwards 17 to lead ninth-seeded Air Force (8-19) to an 82-79 victory over fourth-seeded Brigham Young in the opening round of the WAC tournament in Provo, Utah.

BYU (15-14) closed to 81-79 with 26 seconds left, but Edwards made the front end of a one-and-one with 22 seconds left to give Air Force a three-point edge.

Chris Nikchevich led Brigham Young with 21 points.

In Salt Lake City, Manny Hendrix hit a jump shot from the right corner as the buzzer sounded to give Utah a 61-60 victory over Wyoming in another first-round game.

Utah will be host to Air Force on Wednesday.

With one second remaining, Wyoming had the lead and the ball, but Rodney Gowens threw the ball three-quarters the length of the floor and out of bounds.

After a timeout, Gale Gondrezick passed inbounds to Hendrix. He whirled in the air and got the shot off at the buzzer. ECAC

North Atlantic: Dirk Koopman had 16 points and eight rebounds to lift New Hampshire to a 53-47 first-round victory over Colgate in Durham, N.H.

The Wildcats (7-21) advance to tonight's game against top-ranked Canisius.

Tad Brown led Colgate (5-21) with 14 points.