Glenn Anderson's second goal of the game, at 1:04 of overtime, completed a frantic rally and gave the Oilers a 6-5 triumph over the Calgary Flames last night in Edmonton to tie their NHL Smythe Division final series at one game apiece.

" Dave Lumley had the puck and he threw it behind him to me," Anderson said of the game-winning play. "All of a sudden there was a big opening in front of the net. I was one-on-one with Reggie [Lemelin]. I cut across and he came with me. I just tucked it back in the other side."

Edmonton scored three goals in the third period after Calgary had worked its way to a 4-2 lead after two periods.

"In the third period, I think we finally got our game plan going," said Anderson. "We started capitalizing on some of the things we were supposed to be doing from the beginning."

Games 3 and 4 of the best-of-seven series will be played in Calgary Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Calgary's Hakan Loob used his skate to intercept Jari Kurri's telegraphed pass at center ice and went in alone to beat goaltender Grant Fuhr with a wrist shot high to the stick side at 11:23 of the first period.

The Oilers, perhaps responding to the enthusiasm of the capacity crowd, played with far more emotion than in Game 1, which they lost, 4-1. After successfully killing off a two-man disadvantage for 1:51, the Oilers finally got their offense untracked.

Calgary's Joe Mullen scored his second goal of the night -- and sixth of the playoffs -- to send the contest into overtime tied at 5-5.

*Maple Leafs 3, Blues 0: In the second period, Peter Ihnacak banged in a rebound and Tom Fergus tipped in a power-play goal to help Toronto beat the Blues and tie their best-of-seven series at one game apiece.

Borje Salming scored Toronto's other goal with a shot into an open net with 1:13 left. Goaltender Ken Wregget stopped 35 shots to record his first NHL playoff shutout.

Game 3 of the Norris Division final will be played Tuesday night in Toronto.

With the victory, the Maple Leafs ended a 13-game winless streak at St. Louis.

Ihnacak opened the scoring at 9:14 of the second period and Fergus scored 15 minutes later by tipping in Salming's shot. Ihnacak took a rebound and beat goalie Greg Millen.