Mark Malone, booed relentlessly in the first half, threw a 12-yard touchdown pass to John Stallworth with 5:20 remaining, then set up Gary Anderson's winning 20-yard field goal with 1:47 left by hitting Stallworth for 45 yards as the Steelers rallied past the Cincinnati Bengals, 23-20, yesterday in Pittsburgh.

"I try to do the job for this organization, the coaching staff and my teammates," Malone said. "I don't care what anyone else thinks. I can't worry about the fans, but they don't make my job any easier."

Following Anderson's field goal, Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason completed five of six passes for 62 yards, but time ran out with Cincinnati on the Pittsburgh 18-yard line.

"We just ran out of time. What can I say except congratulations to them?" Cincinnati Coach Sam Wyche said.

Linebacker Bryan Hinkle's second second-half interception set up the Steelers' winning drive as Pittsburgh (4-2) rallied from an 11-point halftime deficit to beat the Bengals (2-4) in Pittsburgh for the second year in a row.

49ers 24, Saints 22:

Joe Montana picked on a mistake-prone New Orleans secondary for 256 yards and three touchdowns, leading San Francisco (5-1) in the Superdome in a game marred by penalties and fumbles by both teams.

Montana's third touchdown pass went 14 yards to Mike Wilson in the fourth quarter, after the Saints had taken a 19-17 lead on Alvin Toles' 11-yard touchdown return of a blocked punt.

Morten Andersen kicked five field goals for New Orleans, the only points scored by the Saints' offense. His first successful kick gave him 100 for his career and official listing as the NFL's all-time most accurate kicker, passing Pittsburgh's Gary Anderson. Andersen has made 104 of 126 attempts (82 percent) since entering the NFL in 1982. But he missed the potential game-winner from 52 yards with seven seconds left.

"We forced them to kick field goals," San Francisco Coach Bill Walsh said. "Because of that, they depended on the last kick and it didn't work out for them."

The Saints (3-3) drew six penalties for 68 yards, five of those either interference or holding calls on defensive backs, as the 49ers built a 17-6 halftime lead. Of the first nine San Francisco first downs, five came on penalties.

Overall, New Orleans had the ball for about 11 minutes more than San Francisco, but couldn't do enough with the possession edge.

Oilers 37, Falcons 33:

Warren Moon turned first-quarter boos into fourth-quarter cheers when he hit rookie Curtis Duncan with a 14-yard touchdown pass with 27 seconds remaining, rallying Houston (4-2) past Atlanta (2-4) in the Astrodome.

The Falcons' Mick Luckhurst kicked four field goals, the last one an 18-yarder with 2:24 to play, giving Atlanta a 33-30 lead. Luckhurst's third field goal, a 45-yarder, had tied the game, 30-30.

Moon, the Oilers' player representative who was booed before the game because of his role in the players strike, hit Drew Hill for 29 yards and Ernest Givins on another 29-yarder to set up Duncan's second touchdown catch of the game. His first was a 41-yarder. Moon finished 15 for 34 for 242 yards and three touchdowns.

Moon had completed only three of 15 passes in the second half and had thrown two interceptions before his game-winner.

"I was nervous when the game started. I figured I would get a negative reaction and with the help of my teammates was able to fight through it," Moon said. "Sometimes it helps to be a little nervous, but the fact that I knew I would probably be booed and hadn't played in four weeks added to the nervousness."

Mike Rozier finished with 144 yards on 29 carries and a touchdown, his second consecutive 100-yard rushing performance. The Falcons were led by Gerald Riggs, who gained 113 yard on 21 carries.

Packers 34, Lions 33:

Al Del Greco kicked a 45-yard field goal with one minute remaining and Eddie Murray was wide from the same distance as time expired and Green Bay won in Pontiac, Mich.

The Packers (3-2-1), many of whom practiced regularly during the 24-day players strike, had a 24-0 lead early in the second quarter, scoring four of the first five times they had the ball. They led, 31-16, at the half. But Detroit's defense tightened in the second half and the offense, on the arm of Chuck Long (33 for 47, 362 yards, three touchdowns), found its stride.

The Lions (1-5) finally took a 33-31 lead on a two-yard run by Garry James with 3:02 remaining.

But the Packers, behind the passing of rookie Don Majkowski, drove 42 yards in nine plays for Del Greco's field goal.

"We stuck together as a team during the strike," said Majkowski, a 10th-round draft pick who was 19 of 29 for 323 yards in his second NFL start. "It was evident that we worked hard and didn't lose any of our timing. I think it was a factor."

A crowd of 27,278 watched the game in the 80,638-seat Silverdome. There were 12,334 no-shows.