Henderson Mosley sank two free throws with 10 seconds left and Anthony Barnes came up with a key steal to lift H.D. Woodson over host Wilson, 58-57, last night in the final Interhigh League regular season contest for both teams.

In the first game of the doubleheader, Wilson's girls limited 11th-ranked Woodson to a total of 12 field goals and got a 28-point effort from Cortella Jones as they raced to a 55-37 victory to capture the Interhigh championship.

Both boys teams were 10-9 in league play going into the game and the result served only to seed the teams in the six-team league tournament beginning Monday at Coolidge.

Coolidge won the regular season title and will meet Metro Conference champion DeMatha in the city title game March 6 at Cole Field House. The tournament champion or runner-up (should Coolidge win the tournament) will play the Metro Conference runner-up in the preliminary game at Cole.

Woodson, 12-11 overall, is seeded fourth and will play Wilson (11-17) again in a first-round game Monday at Coolidge.

Wilson, which won the first meeting with Woodson, took six-point leads on several occasions, the final time at 56-50, with 2:16 left in the game. But the Warriors rallied with six straight points to tie the game with 1:26 left.

Wilson missed a shot on its next possession, but Barnes was called for an offensive foul, sending Wilson guard Thierno Johnson to the line. Johnson made one of two to give the hosts a 57-56 lead with 57 seconds remaining.

Woodson ran the clock down before passing inside to Mosley, the league's leading scorer (24-point average). Held to only 11 points, the All-Met quarterback stepped to the line and made both shots in the one-and-one to push the visitors in front, 58-57.

Wilson got the ball to half court and called time. The ball was put in play to guard Malcolm Doster, who was stripped of it by Barnes near midcourt, assuring Woodson of the win.

In the girls game, the Tigers, who also earned the top seed in next week's league tournament, raised their overall record to 22-3 and league mark to 19-1. Wilson and Coolidge tied for the regular-season title and the two teams split their two games. But Wilson earned the championship on the basis of point differential. Wilson won the first game by seven points, Coolidge the rematch by two points.

Actually, the Tigers probably would have done almost as well if Jones had not been as successful (eight of 19 field goals, one three-pointer and 11 of 19 free throws). Woodson (19-4, 16-4), 35 minutes late arriving because of transportation troubles, shot itself right out of the game.