Lorenzo Bryant made a free throw with three seconds left in overtime and David Taylor added two more with one second left as Mount Vernon upset Lake Braddock, 51-48, in the semifinals of the Virginia AAA Northern Region basketball tournament last night at Robinson,

Lee defeated Chantilly, 67-57, in the opener. Mount Vernon and Lee will meet for the third time (Mount Vernon won both previous games) for the region title tonight at 9 at Robinson. Both teams advance to the state tournament next week in Richmond.

Lake Braddock (24-2) tied the game with 16 seconds left in regulation on a three-point shot by Marcus Crockett. The overtime came after the referees decided that a foul call on Lake Braddock's Hubert Davis came after the buzzer.

With 56 seconds left in overtime, Davis gave the Bruins a 48-46 edge by hitting a 12-foot baseline jumper. Barry Smith tied the game with two free throws with 27 seconds to play. That left it to Lake Braddock to hold the ball for the final shot.

But Davis, the region's leading scorer, never touched the ball. Jason Coleman dribbled up court, passed to Mike Rutherford, who passed to Ray Tate. Tate passed back to Coleman who drove the right baseline and leaned in for an eight-footer, which hit the side of the rim and was rebounded by the Majors' Norrin Braxton.

Braxton passed to Bryant, who had sprinted to the other end of the floor and was ahead of all Bruins defenders. Tate caught him and was called for an intentional foul. Bryant made the first shot, but Mount Vernon retained possession on the intentional foul call. Taylor was then fouled and made both free throws. Coleman's desperation shot wouldn't have mattered since it came from inside the three-point line.

The Majors led, 32-25, after three quarters and still led, 41-33, with 3:30 to play in regulation. But the Bruins outscored Mount Vernone, 13-5, the rest of the way and tied the game on Crockett's three-pointer.

In the first game, Chantilly's Mike Brown scored with five minutes to play in the first half to cut Lee's lead to 23-22.

But in the next five minutes, the Chargers (13-12) missed all five of their shots and the Lancers scored 12 points for a 35-23 halftime lead.

All five Lee starters scored in the streak, with Jeff Jividen hitting his fourth three-point shot in the half.

In the second half, Chantilly moved out higher on defense to try and take away the three-point shot after the Lancers made eight in the first half.

But Lee adjusted and went inside to 6-foot-8 center Derek Solomon, who responded with eight points. And Bill Courtney penetrated the defense for another six points, allowing Lee to maintain a 49-37 lead after three quarters.

"I think they had matchup problems," said Lee Coach Charlie Thompson. "You don't really want to zone us and they weren't quick enough to play man-to-man. They played a 3-2 zone and gave up the outside and we took advantage in the first half.