BALTIMORE, JUNE 28 -- If nothing else, President Bush has made things kinder and gentler for the Baltimore Orioles, tonight extending his presidential winning streak as the team's good luck charm to three games as he watched them beat the Toronto Blue Jays, 2-1. Then again, it is questionable whether he should be credited with the win, having departed by helicopter an inning before Cal Ripken's homer provided the winning margin. Apparently it has begun to pay dividends for the president as well. "I didn't vote for him, but I will next time," Orioles Manager Frank Robinson said. This was the first regular season presidential visit to Memorial Stadium other than an opening day, and it went off with little pagaentry. There was no grand introduction, no first-ball ceremony -- just a modest wave by President Bush to the crowd after arriving with 10-year-old grandson George P. Bush and Budget Director Richard Darman and son Willie in the box of Orioles principal shareholder Eli Jacobs. The response was a warm if not overly boisterous applause from the 35,757 on hand. (The presidential party, incidentally, was not counted in that total.) And that was the extent of any pomp and circumstance. Bush, in fact, was rid of his jacket and tie shortly after arriving. The Orioles mascot did manage to get into the box for a brief photo opportunity. And Jacobs showed off a model of the Orioles' new Camden Yards stadium on the day demolition crews began to clear the site. Beyond that, however, it was just a night of baseball. Jacobs said he and the president, who left in the middle of the seventh inning with the score tied, 1-1, talked mainly about the game, but he wouldn't elaborate. Orioles officials estimated there were about 50 Secret Service agents on hand, with a dozen or so patroling the press box and others roaming the stands. They did not, however, position themselves in the stadium's light standards, as was the case during the president's opening day trip this season. There were, additionally, about 100 more Baltimore City police officers in attendance than usual, Orioles officials said, and metal detectors were set up at several entrances. "Stadiums are tough for security," one Secret Service agent said before the game. "There are a lot of people in cramped areas, a lot of nooks to watch for." Everything apparently went without a hitch, however. The president, who keeps his first baseman's mitt in his Oval Office desk, captained Yale's baseball team in 1948, his senior year. He and Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were here -- but not for all 11 innings -- for the Orioles' 5-4, opening-day win over the Boston Red Sox April 3; Bush threw out the first ball. Bush also attended the Orioles' 8-1 victory over the Angels in Anaheim, Calif., April 25.