Hoping to defuse No. 7 High Point's successful run-and-shoot offense, fourth-ranked Oxon Hill countered with an eight-man defensive front and limited the Eagles to a meager 51 total yards and claimed a tough, 8-0 decision in a battle of previously unbeaten Prince George's 4A teams yesterday at Oxon Hill.

In raising its season mark to 5-0 and league record to 4-0, Oxon Hill was held to its poorest offensive output (182 yards) and lowest point total of the season by the Eagles (4-1, 3-1). But the Clippers got all the points they needed on a second-period safety and a three-yard run in the third period by Dejuan Whorley.

The only other highlights were by defensive players, most of them Oxon Hill's.

"We didn't do anything different against the run-and-shoot, just played our multiple defenses," Oxon Hill Coach Cliff Haskins said. "We tried to keep pressure on the quarterback and we alternated with a zone and man-to-man defense in the back. The run-and-shoot is a good offense but you have to pull the trigger."

The visitors shot nothing but blanks yesterday. Led by linebacker Aaron Dockett and lineman Aaron Durst, the Clippers bottled up the Eagles' running game -- Milton Stone was held to 61 yards on 15 carries -- and allowed only four completions for 15 yards. The Clippers had six sacks and forced five turnovers.

"We didn't take advantage of their eight-man front," High Point Coach Dale Castro said. "We had a couple of breakdowns in the offensive line and couldn't stop their stunting linebackers. They exposed some of our weaknesses we got away with the first four weeks."

Oxon Hill went ahead, 2-0, when Paul Kirk's snap sailed over punter Bo Hancock's head out of the end zone early in the second quarter.

Oxon Hill was stopped four times inside the 3 on two earlier possessions, including twice on fourth down, but the Clippers finally put together one drive. Randy Carter (78 yards on 13 carries) and Mark McCain (67 yards on 13 carries) did all the work during the 11-play, 68-yard march before Whorley went in from the 3 with 1:32 left in the third quarter to make it 8-0.