For Milton Stone and the 12th-ranked High Point Eagles it was sweet revenge.

Last year Friendly went to High Point and ruined the Eagles' homecoming with a seven-point victory in overtime. Last night the Eagles turned the tables and beat the 11th-ranked Patriots, 21-7, in a Prince George's County 4A League game at Friendly.

High Point and Friendly now are 6-1 overall, 5-1 in the league. Oxon Hill, which plays today, is in first place with a 5-0 league record.

"Last year {Friendly} beat us {28-21} at homecoming, it was payback time for us," said Stone, who gained 185 yards on 32 carries. "It was the one thing that motivated us. The line did an excellent job and couldn't have been better."

Stone played the second half with a sprained left wrist, but still managed 72 yards on 17 carries.

There was no doubt Stone was going to be the main man.

"We considered it a playoff game," High Point Coach Dale Castro said. "We felt comfortable cutting down on the playbook. . . . There was no secret what we were going to do.

"I don't mind doing it. Friendly hurt us throwing the ball in the second quarter. But we put together a long drive that put them in a position to throw deep."

The Eagles took the opening kickoff and marched 73 yards on eight plays, scoring on a four-yard run by Stone with 6:27 left in the first quarter. A pass on the conversion attempt failed.

In the second quarter the Eagles upped the lead to 14-0. Dennis Holt dropped a punt, but recovered the ball on the run and went down the right sideline for a 70-yard touchdown. Stone ran in the conversion.

"I was having trouble fielding punts because of the glare from the lights," Holt said. "The glare was in my eyes on that play, but the ball took just the right bounce. I had some blocking on the right side and I broke some tackles."

With time running out in the half, Friendly finally broke through the High Point defense. Quarterback Lamar Hough completed a 25-yard pass to Tarik Abul-Qasin, which gave Friendly first and goal on the 8. Four plays later Hough found Tom Berry for a five-yard touchdown pass. The kick made it 14-7.

However, in the second half, High Point had a 15-play, 69-yard drive that took nine minutes off the clock and ended up with Stone's second touchdown, a run from four yards.