Georgetown scored 26 points in the fourth quarter and blocked an extra point attempt in overtime to defeat Marist, 41-40, yesterday in a Middle Atlantic Athletic Conference game in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.

The teams entered the extra period tied at 34, and Georgetown took its first lead with J.J. Mont's seven-yard touchdown pass to Aaron Brown. Paul Wiorowski's conversion gave the Hoyas (5-0) a seven-point advantage. Marist answered with Steve Weidl's two-yard run, but Hoyas freshman defensive end Zachary Yorke (DeMatha), blocked Richard Zaccheo's point-after attempt.

The Hoyas did not get on the scoreboard until 12 minutes 46 seconds into the third quarter when Rob Belli scored on a four-yard run. Mont's conversion pass to Brown cut Marist's lead to 24-8. Mont then added to his MAAC-leading passing totals with a fourth-quarter scoring blitz that included touchdown passes of 69 and 48 yards to Gharun Hester. Mont was 18 for 31 for 342 yards and four touchdowns.

CATHOLIC 35, RANDOLPH-MACON 26: The Cardinals used a four-touchdown pass performance by quarterback Derek McGee and a season-high 162-yard rushing performance by Andrew Notarfrancesco to overcome a 19-point third-quarter and win the Old Dominion Athletic Conference game at DuFour Field.

The Yellow Jackets (2-3, 1-1) took a 26-7 lead on Sean Eaton's touchdown catch with 7:40 remaining in the third quarter. But Catholic quickly responded with a two-play, 64-yard drive capped by McGee's 25-yard touchdown pass to Brian Gallagher (Gonzaga). A two-point conversion cut Randolph-Macon's lead to 11 points.

The Cardinals (4-1, 2-0) closed the third quarter with McGee's eight-yard scoring pass to Damian Richard and Dan Boyle's two-point conversion. Catholic then capitalized on linebacker Brian Hee's fourth-quarter interception with another eight-yard touchdown pass from McGee, who finished 23 for 35 for 224 yards and one interception. Mike Hunter (Gonzaga) scored the go-ahead touchdown with 11:13 remaining.

MONTGOMERY-ROCKVILLE 12, MIDDLE GEORGIA 6: Ray Butler (Blair High School) returned a blocked field goal 70 yards for a touchdown with 14 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter to lift the Knights (5-1) in Garden City, N.Y. Curtis Jones (Annapolis High) rushed for 100 yards on 19 carries and scored Montgomery-Rockville's first touchdown.